Looking for the perfect dessert for summer entertaining? Try my delicious Fruit Cookie Pizza recipe made with refrigerator cookie dough, Cool Whip whipped topping and an assortment of fresh fruit.
This delicious dish is easy to make, bursting with flavor, and guaranteed to put a smile on everybody's face. Plus it looks beautiful — who could resist a bright rainbow of fresh fruits arranged on top of a sweet sugar cookie crust?
Check out all my other Easy Dessert Recipes for even more yummy ideas!
This dessert is ideal for any summer occasion. Whether you're hosting a family gathering, a festive dinner party, or a culminating barbeque, this treat is sure to impress.
With its refreshing taste and light whipped topping, it's the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day. Plus, its versatility makes it a breeze to serve at any occasion.
Table of Contents
Looking for different fruit combinations? Try an assortment of your favorite summer fresh fruit.
- Canned peaches; completely drained.
- Fresh blackberries
- Sliced banana; wait until right before serving to add the banana.
Choose fresh fruit that is not watery. You could use watermelon, but add the watermelon to the pizza right before serving.
Choose only the freshest apples and bananas, but watch out for the pesky issue of browning. Stay ahead of the game by slicing them up and adding them just before you serve this dessert.
If you are going to use canned fruit, make sure you drain it very well. The water will water down the Cool Whip whipped topping
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- Use a homemade cookie dough instead by trying my Easy Sugar Cookies recipe.
- No Cool Whip? No problem - use my recipe for Homemade Whipped Cream.
- Swap out the fruits to your favorites! Raspberries, mangoes, blackberries, and peaches would also be great additions.
- Step 1: Press the cookie dough into a 12 inch round pan. Bake the cookie according to your recipe or package instructions.
- Step 2: Once baked through, transfer the cake pan to a cooling rack for 10 minutes. After cooling in the pan, take the cookie out of the pan and let it cool completely.
📌Quick Tip: To help the cookie release once it's baked, line the bottom of the pan with a circle of parchment paper or spray well with non-stick baking spray.
- Step 3: On a completely cooled cookie crust, add the whipped topping.
- Step 4: Arrange the fruit on top. Keep in the refrigerator until read to serve.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Add leftovers to an air-tight container or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 3 days. This recipe is best served the same day, however.
Air-Tight Storage Containers: these air-tight storage containers that help keep food fresh for longer. Use them to store fresh baked goods, cookies, fruit and vegetables, left overs, and more. The silicone lids lock to close to ensure an air tight seal. The stackable, multi-size design makes these containers easy to store. They're perfectly sized for the fridge, freezer, or cupboard.
- I do not recommend freezing this recipe, however, you can prepare the cookie pizza base and freeze that until you're ready to put the dessert together.
- Allow the cookie pizza to cool completely before wrapping in aluminum foil.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure the cookie is completely cooled before decorating so the whipped topping doesn't melt.
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
Assemble the pizza no more than 2 hours before serving. Make sure the fruit is dry before adding to the pizza. You can do this by placing the sliced fruit on paper towels to absorb any extra moisture.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Crescent Roll Fruit Pizza.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Peach & Blueberry Pizza.
- 16.5 ounce package refrigerator sugar cookie dough
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip Whipped Topping
- 6-8 whole strawberries, sliced in half
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- Mandarin orange slices
- Preheat the oven to 350*F.
- Press the sugar cookie dough into a non-stick round pan.
- Bake the cookie according to the directions on the packaging.
- Remove the pan from the oven and transfer to a cooling rack for 10 minutes.
- Flip the cookie out of the pan and allow it to cool completely before decorating.
- Spread the thawed Cool Whip on top of the cooled cookie pizza.
- Then add the fruit as seen in the photo or in any design you prefer.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.