This Flag Fruit Pizza is the perfect dessert to celebrate all your summer patriotic holidays. A crisp sugar cookie topped with sweetened cream cheese, strawberries and blueberries your family and friends are going to love. This is the perfect part of any Traditional 4th of July Foods list or menu for summer.
American Flag Fruit Pizza
Our neighborhood always does an amazing firework display for the 4th of July. It's nothing formal, it's just neighbors having fun setting off fireworks at the end of the day.
We sit on our front porch and watch the friendly competition going on between the neighbors. It makes for a really nice end to a holiday!
Red, White and Blue Desserts
I have a few red, white and blue desserts that are always fun to make all summer long. My husband loves the 4th of July Cookie Cake or any of the patriotic desserts featured from a few years ago during one of our Delicious Dishes Recipe Parties.
Looking for MORE Patriotic Desserts? Try my 4th of July Cupcakes all decked out in red, white and blue! Make sure you grab the free cupcake toppers and wrappers available with the recipe.
Fourth of July Fruit Pizza
This recipe is perfect for all your family parties this summer.These would even be fun to make as individual mini fruit pizzas. Prepare everything ahead of time and have your guests make their own pizza designs.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- 1 pkg 16.5 oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- Cream cheese, softened
- Fresh blueberries
- Fresh strawberries
Step 1: Bake the Sugar Cookie Dough
- Spread the sugar cookie dough into the bottom of a large rectangle baking pan or tray.
- I spread my cookie dough out on a piece of waxed paper using a Pastry Roller and then inverted it into my baking pan.
- You can also spread the cookie dough out directly in your baking pan or use a piece of parchment paper.
- Using parchment paper will help getting the cookie dough out of the pan easier as well.
- I decided to use my Large Bar Pan because it makes everything cook perfectly and evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 12 - 15 minutes or until it is a light golden brown.
- Gently loosen the cookie dough out of the pan. I found my kitchen scraper worked great.
Step 2: Make the Cream Cheese Filling
- Mix the cream cheese together with the sugar. I used my Kitchen Aid mixer, but you could easily do this by hand as long as the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- Use a strong rubber spatula to make sure you get every last bit of yumminess out of the bowl!
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the sugar cookie.
Step 3: How to Slice the Strawberries
There are a few different ways you can slice the strawberries for this dessert:
- Remove the stems from the strawberries. Then wash and dry them.
- Cut each strawberry in half or you can slice the strawberries into thinner pieces.
- I like the idea of thinner pieces of strawberries because I feel it's easier to eat the Flag Pizza.
- Once you decide on either cutting the strawberries in half or slicing them, lay them out on a cutting board or piece of waxed paper in the flag design. This will help give you an idea of how many strawberries you need.
Step 4: How to Decorate the Flag Fruit Pizza
- Once you have the cream cheese frosting spread on top of the baked sugar cookie crust, now comes the fun part!
- Lay the blueberries out first in the upper corner to create the stars of the flag.I only did four rows of blueberries, but you can do more.
- Next, add the strawberries to create the stripes of the flag.
- Keep the Flag Fruit Pizza refrigerated until you're ready to serve.
Another fun way to make the flag fruit pizza is in the round shape of a pizza! Press the sugar cookie dough out on a round pizza pan and continue with the instructions listed below in the recipe card.
More Delicious Patriotic Recipes and Ideas:
- No Bake Mason Jar Desserts
- Flag Sugar Cookie Fruit Pizza
- Patriotic Cupcakes
- Star Shaped Patriotic Cereal Treats
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 pkg 16.5 oz refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup blueberries
- 3 cups strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread a piece of waxed paper on your counter and then lightly flour the waxed paper. Roll out the sugar cookie dough into a rectangle shape.
- Take the waxed paper and invert it on top of the baking pan.
- Bake the sugar cookie dough for 12 - 15 minutes or until it is a light golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven to a cooling rack and cool for 10 minutes. Carefully loosen the cookie from the baking pan and allow to cool completely.
- Slice the strawberries.
- Combine the cream cheese and sugar in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the top of the cookie. Arrange the strawberries and blueberries over the cream cheese mixture in the shape of a flag.
Feel free to use raspberries in place of the strawberries.
You can also make the flag pizza in a circle shape.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 164Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 113mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!