This Easter Bunny Cake is going to be the show-stopper at your Easter Brunch Celebration this year! Made with a simple cake mix, cream cheese frosting and shredded coconut, yet it's decorated with the cutest embellishments!
Even if you don't have any "decorating skills," you can still create this adorable cake. Get ready to wow your family with this amazing Easter-inspired dessert.
Check out all the other Easter Desserts for even more delicious recipes.
When looking to put together a fun Easter Bunny Cake, I thought of the fun ways of using a bunny cake pan or perhaps baking a few round cakes and shaping them into a bunny.
However, I wanted something EASY! That everyone could do and not be intimated by the design. I searched on Amazon and found this cute bunny ears and face cake topper that would fit perfectly on top of a simple white cake made with a box of cake mix.
The best thing about this cake is there is no real decorating involved! If you can bake a cake using a boxed cake mix, you can create this adorable whimical cake!
Make sure you check out my other Easter Egg Cake recipe next!
Table of Contents
💭How to make a box cake mix taste like bakery?
When you want to doctor your cake mix up a little to make it taste like it came from a bakery, try adding milk in place of water and an extra egg. You can also replace the oil called for by doubling the amount with melted butter.
Check out my other Cake Mix Baking Secrets and grab the free printable with tips on creating delicious, easy desserts using a box of cake mix.
💭How do you decorate a cake in a simple way?
For this cake, I decided to keep it really easy and purchase a bunny decorating kit that comes with the bunny ears, eyes, and nose. Below is the exact kit I ordered from Amazon. It can be used again, so it's a great investment!
Adding coconut adds a cute fur texture and the frosting doesn't have to be perfect since it's covered with the coconut.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- Follow the directions on the cake mix to make the cake.
- Bake in two 9-inch round cake pans according to the box instructions.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely before decorating.
Step 2 | Decorate the Cake
- Stack the two layers of cake on each other with a layer of frosting in between them.
- Spread frosting on the top and sides of the cake.
- Press coconut all over the cake.
- Add the bunny ears to the top of the cake and the eyes and mouth to the front of the cake.
📌Quick Tip: For a fun pop of color when you cut into the cake, you can use pink frosting to spread between the two cake layers.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Add half a teaspoon of almond extract to the cake batter for a delicious flavor!
- Check out my other recipe for Easter Bunny Cupcakes!
- Or you might enjoy THIS recipe - How to Make Bunny Tail Cake Balls
- Cover with a cake keeper or cake box and refrigerate for up to 3 days since it has cream cheese icing.
- To freeze the decorated cake, place the cake in the freezer for about an hour to firm up the icing. Once the icing is firm, wrap the cake in plastic wrap really well then wrap in a layer of aluminum foil.
- To defrost, remove the aluminum and plastic wrap so you won't mess up the icing once it's defrosted. Place in the fridge overnight for it to thaw. Set on the counter an hour before serving to warm up to room temperature.
💭Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure the cake is completely cooled before you start decorating it.
- Set your cake up over a sheet pan to catch the coconut that falls while pressing it into the sides of the cake for easy clean up.
Yes, it is recommended to refrigerate a cake with cream cheese frosting. Cream cheese frosting can spoil quickly if left at room temperature and needs to be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. To keep the cake fresh for up to 5 days, store it in an airtight container or wrap it securely with plastic wrap. Make sure to allow the cake to come to room temperature before serving for the best flavor.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- 1 (15.25 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (16 ounce) containers cream cheese frosting
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Prepare the cake as directed on the package in two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Allow the cakes to cool completely, then stack the two cake layers on top of each other with a layer of frosting in between each cake.
- Spread an even layer of frosting over the top and sides of the cake.
- Lightly press the shredded coconut all over the tops and sides of the cake.
- Press the bunny ears into the top of the cake and decorate the front of the cake with the eyes and mouth that come with the kit.
You could use a pink frosting to spread between the two cake layers.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 196Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 84mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.