French Toast Cinnamon Rolls - two favorite breakfast recipes are combined into one of our Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes.
Grab a can of cinnamon rolls, yes a can, and let's make French toast for breakfast!
This recipe is very similar to my Cinnamon Rolls Breakfast Casserole. In fact, the ingredients are almost exactly the same!
But this recipe is definitely more of a French Toast recipe. Which just happens to be my favorite breakfast with plenty of maple syrup and bacon. Because everything tastes better with bacon, right?
If you're looking for more of an overnight type casserole recipe, please look at my Overnight French Toast Casserole. You can put that recipe together the night before and bake in the morning. Perfect for company!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Canned Refrigerator Rolls
- Vanilla Extract
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Step 1: Open the canned cinnamon rolls and place them in either on a baking tray or in a casserole dish.
- Step 2: Bake according to package directions. You could probably even bake these using an air fryer!
- Step 3: Slice the cinnamon rolls in half.
Prepare the Egg Mixture
- Step 4: In a shallow dish, combine the eggs, milk, vanilla and 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup. Whisk until combined.
- Step 5: Add the sliced cinnamon rolls to the egg mixture and make sure both sides are evenly coated.
How to Fry French Toast on Griddle
- Step 6: Next, place the cinnamon rolls on a preheated electric griddle. You can also use a cast iron pan or a heavy skillet on top of the stove. I like my electric griddle because I can fit a lot on top of it.
- Step 7: Brush the griddle first with butter. Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
Prepare the Icing
- Step 8: Now empty the cinnamon roll icing that comes with the packaged rolls into a small bowl. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of maple syrup. Stir together until smooth.
Drizzle the Icing
- Step 9: Drizzle the icing over the warm French toast. Serve immediately.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
Try not to soak the bread for any longer than 20 seconds. You can also day old bread.
Store baked Pillsbury cinnamon rolls in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to two days. After that, they should be refrigerated.
Try these other EASY Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole – this casserole combines cinnamon rolls and eggs for a filling breakfast. Add a side of bacon or sausage and you have a great meal for any weekend. I doubled this recipe the morning of my son’s wedding to feed the entire wedding party and out-of-town guests.
- Bread Machine Overnight Cinnamon Rolls – easy recipe with dough that starts off in the bread machine! Don’t let your fear of baking with yeast keep you from enjoying homemade cinnamon rolls.
- Cinnamon Roll Casserole without Eggs – an easy sweet breakfast casserole made with canned cinnamon rolls, cream cheese, sugar and a little maple syrup. There are no eggs in this recipe!
- 1 can Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing; 12.4 ounce size
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup milk
- 4 tablespoons pure maple syrup; divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bake the cinnamon rolls as directed on the package.
- Let them cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice each cinnamon roll in half so you now have 16 slices.
- Preheat an electric griddle to 385 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, combine the eggs, milk and 2 tablespoons of the maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Dip each cinnamon roll slice in the egg mixture.
- Brush the griddle with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the cinnamon roll slices on the griddle.
- Cook for about 2 to 3 minutes per side or until golden brown.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the reserved icing with the extra 2 tablespoons of maple syrup.
- Drizzle over the freshly baked French toast.
- Serve and enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 112Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 125mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.