An easy sweet breakfast casserole made with canned cinnamon rolls, cream cheese, sugar and a little maple syrup. This Cinnamon Roll Recipe without Eggs is a semi-homemade breakfast casserole that's part of my favorite Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes. Grab a can of cinnamon rolls and let's bake breakfast together!
One of the most popular cinnamon recipes on the site is the Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole. Only over the years numerous people have emailed me asking for a cinnamon roll recipe without eggs.
Sweet Breakfast Casserole
If you were one of those readers who took the time to email me about creating a cinnamon breakfast casserole without eggs, this recipe is for you!
That's right, there are no eggs in this breakfast casserole recipe! And I think I like this recipe more because of the delicious cream cheese sugar mixture spread all over the top of the refrigerated cinnamon rolls before baking.
This is another of my cinnamon roll recipes that is perfect for holidays, special occasions, Christmas breakfast or just to celebrate the weekend.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- 9X12 Casserole dish - This dish is perfect for special occasions when you want to use something fancier than a traditional casserole dish.
- Silicone Measuring Cups - perfect for the microwave - I love how easy these are to heat the icing and then squeeze to pour directly on top of the baked casserole.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Refrigerator Cinnamon Rolls - I used Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls for this recipe. I'm sure a store brand would also work.
- Cream Cheese - remove the block of cream cheese from the refrigerator at least 30 minutes before for it to come to room temperature.
- Milk - I would use either 2% or whole milk for this recipe.
- Pure Maple Syrup - yes, the real thing. Don't substitute with a store brand pancake syrup.
- Icing - I used both small containers of icing that come with the canned cinnamon rolls.
Baking Tip: Unlike other breakfast casseroles, I do not recommend preparing this the night before. Try my Overnight French Toast Casserole instead!
Step 1: Prepare the Cinnamon Rolls
Open the two cans of cinnamon rolls. Cut each roll into four pieces. Place all the cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of a 9X12 casserole dish that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
Step 2: Prepare the Cream Cheese Mixture
In the bowl of your KitchenAid mixer, with the paddle attachment, mix the soften cream cheese, sugar, milk and maple syrup until smooth.
Step 3: Add the Sweetened Cream Cheese Mixture
Add the cream cheese mixture to the top of the cut up cinnamon rolls.
Step 4: Baking Directions
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 20 to 24 minutes.
About halfway through the cooking time, I removed the casserole from the oven and using the back of a spoon, gently spread the cream cheese mixture over all the cinnamon rolls to make sure they were all covered.
Bake until the cinnamon rolls are golden brown and the cream cheese mixture has melted and cooked.
Step 5: Heat the Cinnamon Roll Icing
Allow the breakfast casserole to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the icing that comes with the canned cinnamon rolls.
Add both tubes of icing into a silicone measuring cup. Place the measuring cup in a microwave and heat on high for about 15 seconds. Be careful not to overheat the icing. If you do, it will turn liquid.
Gently pour the canned icing to the top of the baked cinnamon roll casserole. Serve immediately.
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
Well, I think making the cinnamon rolls into a casserole like this one is the best way! You could also add simple stir ins like chopped nuts, chocolate chips, chopped cooked bacon or even cooked sausage.
You should wait around 5 to 10 minutes before adding the icing to the top of cinnamon rolls and this breakfast casserole recipe. If you add the icing too soon, it will melt right into the cinnamon rolls due to the heat.
Ready for more great recipes? Try these other Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast – the perfect combination of homemade cinnamon rolls and French toast together in one easy-to-make recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes.
- Easy Cinnamon Roll Bread – made without yeast, this is a quick bread recipe that tastes amazingly just like a bakery style cinnamon roll. The secret is in the cinnamon/sugar batter.
- Cinnamon Sugar Monkey Bread – made with Pillsbury Grands Biscuits and plenty of cinnamon, sugar and butter. In no time at all your kitchen will smell amazing with this easy recipe baking in the oven!
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
- 2 cans Pillsbury refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing; 17.5 ounce size
- 1 package cream cheese; 8 ounce size
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Open both cans of cinnamon rolls and separate the dough into 16 rolls. Cut each cinnamon roll into 4 pieces.
- Layer the cinnamon roll pieces in the bottom of a 9X12 casserole dish that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Set aside while you prepare the cream cheese mixture.
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the softened cream cheese, sugar, milk and maple sugar until smooth.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the top of the cut up cinnamon rolls.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 20 to 24 minutes. About halfway through the cooking, remove the casserole from the oven and spread the cream cheese mixture over the cinnamon rolls using the back of a spoon.
- Remove from oven and allow the breakfast casserole to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the icing that comes with the canned cinnamon rolls.
- Add the two cans of icing to a microwavable measuring cup. Heat in 15 second intervals until the icing is pourable. Be careful not to overheat!
- Pour the icing over the breakfast casserole.
- Serve immediately.
You can stir in chopped nuts, chopped cooked bacon, cooked sausage and even chocolate chips before baking.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 117Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 19mgSodium: 124mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.