Take the worry out of making homemade cinnamon rolls and let your bread machine do most of the work with this recipe for Bread Machine Overnight Cinnamon Rolls. Thick, sweet, mouth-watering rolls that start out with dough made in a bread machine.
Cinnamon rolls are the perfect breakfast recipe for any special occasion. They fill the house with that delicious cinnamon aroma as they bake and they look beautiful when served on the holiday breakfast table.
Check out all my other Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes for even more deliciousness!
Making these rolls is much easier than you might think. All you need is a bread machine recipe and basic ingredients. The dough and rolls can be made in advance, meaning all the hard work is done before bedtime.
The next morning, all you have to do is remove the cinnamon rolls from the refrigerator and bake! In no time at all you’ll have freshly-baked cinnamon rolls ready for breakfast!
This is another easy recipe to form cinnamon rolls like my Frozen Bread Cinnamon Rolls Recipe.
Looking for more Bread Machine Recipes? Try one of these 14 Bread Machine Cinnamon Roll Recipes!
Table of Contents
- Cinnamon Rolls with Bread Dough
- Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
- 🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
- Step-by-Step Instructions
- How to Form the Cinnamon Rolls
- How to Slice Cinnamon Rolls
- Baking Instructions
- Prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 🍽 Make it a Meal
- 💡Recipe FAQ
- 🌟Try these recipes next...
- 📇Recipe Card
- 💬 Comments
Cinnamon Rolls with Bread Dough
Using the "dough" setting on a bread machine will combine the ingredients, knead the dough and allow it to rise the first time all in the machine. The machine should beep when the dough is ready to shape and form into rolls.
Bread Machine Overnight Cinnamon Rolls are another Christmas Breakfast Recipe to help you relax and enjoy Christmas morning with your family. This recipe comes very close to tasting just like Cinnabon cinnamon rolls. Really!
Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls
While baking homemade yeast bread dough may seem intimidating at first glance, it's surprisingly simple because this recipe uses a bread machine to make the dough that we'll then use to form the cinnamon rolls.
So if working with yeast intimidates you, like my Homemade Cinnamon Rolls Recipe, THIS is a recipe you definitely want to try!
With a little planning ahead of time, you'll have delicious homemade cinnamon rolls ready for breakfast that everyone will love!
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
📌Expert Tip: When preparing dough in a bread machine it's very important to add the ingredients exactly as listed in the recipe. You do not need to proof the yeast either.
- Step 1: Add the warm milk, oil, beaten egg and egg whites along with the sugar to the bottom of the bread machine.
- Step 2: Next add the flour, salt and then the yeast. I like to add the yeast to a little "well" in the center of the flour.
- Step 3: Turn the bread machine on to the dough setting, press start and go do something else. It's that easy!
- Step 4: Your bread machine should beep when the dough is ready to remove from and being forming into rolls. Look how beautiful the bread dough looks!
- Step 5: Knead the dough just a few times to get it into the shape of a large round ball. It's so beautiful and easy to work with!
How to Form the Cinnamon Rolls
- On a lightly flour surface, roll out the dough into a large rectangle measuring 15x10 inches. Then brush the entire surface with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon mixture evenly on top. Then beginning at the edge closest to you, start rolling up the dough into a tight cylinder.
- Press the seam tightly making sure it's sealed so nothing leaks out while baking.
How to Slice Cinnamon Rolls
- I always use my ruler to make sure I slice the rolls evenly. Depending on how thick you slice the rolls, you should get around 12 rolls.
- Using a serrated knife, I made a slice every 1 ½ inches up the cylinder.
- Doesn't that look beautiful? It's a perfectly rolled and sliced homemade cinnamon roll with dough made in a bread machine!
- Next place the bread machine cinnamon rolls in a 9X12 casserole dish that's been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
📌Quick Tip: If you want to bake them the same day, leave the cinnamon rolls covered until they have doubled in size. Then bake according to the directions below.
- The next morning, take the baking dish out of the refrigerator and allow the rolls to sit on the counter for about an hour. They need to come to room temperature before baking and might even rise a little bit more.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting
- While the cinnamon rolls are baking, prepare the homemade cream cheese frosting.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool for about 15 minutes before spreading your glaze on top. If you spread the glaze too soon, it will melt and not be the proper consistency.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
🍽 Make it a Meal
- For a holiday brunch, you can also serve my Breakfast Casserole with Eggs and Sausage with the Bread Machine Overnight Cinnamon Rolls.
- Check out all my Christmas Breakfast Recipes to help you create the perfect Christmas morning brunch for your family.
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
According to Google, the secret ingredient is the type of cinnamon they use. They use Makara cinnamon which is less sweet and has a lot more flavor than the traditional cinnamon we're used to purchasing in a grocery store.
For this recipe I used all purpose flour. I actually tried the recipe two times using bread flour and both times it would not come together in the bread machine.
🌟Try these recipes next...
For the Dough:
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 egg and 2 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons yeast
For the Filling:
- ½ cup melted or softened butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
For the Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 tablespoons softened butter; not melted
- 2 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Dough:
- Place all the ingredients for the dough inside the bread machine in the order they are listed.
- Turn the bread machine on to the dough only cycle.
- After the cycle is completed, remove the dough and place on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangle about 15 inches by 10 inches.
- Brush the melted butter over the entire surface of the dough using a pastry brush.
- Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Then spread evenly over the entire surface of the bread dough.
How to Roll the Dough
- Beginning at the end closest to you, start rolling the dough up into a tight cylinder.
- Slice the dough into 12 pieces about 1 ½ inches to 2 inches thick. You can also choose to make them smaller if you prefer.
- Place the cinnamon rolls in a 9X13 baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
How to Bake the Cinnamon Rolls
- In the morning, remove the cinnamon rolls from the refrigerator and allow them to come to room temperature for about an hour. They will puff up even more.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until slightly golden brown.
How to Prepare the Cream Cheese Frosting
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer with the paddle attachments, combine together all the ingredients until smooth making sure you scrap down the sides of the bowl.
- Allow the baked cinnamon rolls to cool for 15 minutes before spreading the cream cheese frosting on top.
Depending on the type of bread machine you use, the prep time will vary.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 460Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 71mgSodium: 364mgCarbohydrates: 53gFiber: 2gSugar: 20gProtein: 6g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2021 with new photos, and new information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!