All the flavor of Homemade Cinnamon Rolls are found in this easy to prepare Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole. This is the one of my popular Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes. Grab a few cans of refrigerator cinnamon rolls and let's bake something delicious!
Another delicious recipe that's perfect all year long. It's even great if you want to make something special for the weekend for your family. Maybe you're celebrating a birthday or family is coming over to visit.
If you're celebrating Easter, try my Bunny Shaped Cinnamon Rolls that also start out with a can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Kids love to help with this recipe.
Another easy recipe to prepare for Easter is the Easter Egg Cream Cheese Danish recipe.
Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Casserole
This cinnamon roll breakfast bake goes together quick. The recipe uses pre-made canned Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Yes, the ones from a can. I told you the recipe was easy!
And if you're looking for easy, you need to try my Cinnamon Roll French Toast Recipe. It combines my the flavors of French toast and cinnamon rolls in one recipe that's ready in under 20 minutes.
A few of my readers have requested this recipe without eggs. Check out my Cinnamon Roll Casserole Without Eggs. It's just as delicious only without the egg mixture.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
- Pyrex Glass Baking Dishes - I love using my glass baking dish when making this recipe. Sometimes using a metal pan can overcook the casserole.
- Silicone Measuring Cups - perfect for the microwave- the icing heats up so nicely in these silicone cups.
- Whisk - make sure you break up the eggs completely and incorporate them with the milk.
OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Squeeze & Pour SiliconeMore InformationPyrex Easy Grab Glass Food Bakeware and StorageMore InformationPyrex Portables Glass Food Bakeware and Storage ContainersMore InformationThe Pioneer Woman Classic Charm Kitchen Towel SetMore InformationThe Pioneer Woman Baking Dish Spring Bouquet 2-PieceMore Information
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- Maple syrup
Step 1 | Prepare the Casserole
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces and then place in a baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Then combine the milk, eggs, cinnamon and maple syrup in a mixing bowl using a whisk being careful to break up the eggs.
- Finally pour the mixture over the top of the cut up cinnamon roll biscuits.
Step 2 | Baking Directions
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the cinnamon roll casserole and biscuits are golden brown and have puffed up nicely.
- Allow the casserole to cool slightly before pouring the icing on top.
How to Add the Icing
- In a microwave safe bowl or these silicon measuring cups , warm up the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls in 10 second intervals being careful not to melt the icing too much.
- Pour the warmed icing on top of the cinnamon roll breakfast casserole. Serve immediately.
- If you want something a little different than the icing that comes with the canned refrigerator biscuits, try my Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
Prep Ahead Tips for Breakfast Casserole
You can definitely prepare this ahead and even bake this casserole before your company arrives or your family wakes up.
- Prepare as directed only do not add the icing until you're ready to serve.
- Right before serving, place the casserole in the microwave and warm it up for about one to two minutes.
- Then heat the icing and drizzle on top.
Looking for MORE Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Ideas?
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls - these rolls rise in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the morning. Perfect for when busy holiday mornings.
- Freezer Friendly Cinnamon Rolls - I gave these as gifts a few years ago to family and friends. Free printables available too!
- Cinnamon Rolls made using frozen bread dough - when you think you don't have enough time for a traditional yeast bread recipe, try this one!
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Easy Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole and VIDEO
A delicious breakfast casserole that uses store-bought cinnamon rolls!
- 2 tubes 8 count each, Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Open the cans of cinnamon rolls and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Lay the rolls in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon and syrup. Pour over the cinnamon rolls making sure everything is covered.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the rolls are puffed up and slightly browned.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Drizzle over the casserole.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Be careful not to over-heat the icing in the microwave. It will turn to liquid if you heat it too long.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2016 with a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
This was delicious! I made a half recipe in an 8x8 baking dish and it easily served my family of 4. Will definitely make this again!
Thank you for letting me know!
So happy you enjoyed the recipe!
That's what I did for my family of three! Love this recipe.
I made this, it was delicious, but took 40-45 minutes to bake. I have seen a similar recipe in another site that says 45 minutes. Just so people allow enough time.
Thanks for the tip.
Made this up this morning but being just me & my husband I only made 1/2 the recipe.
I might add that it was Delicious.
Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers says
OMG, I so want this right now! Looks and sounds absolutely delicious AND easy. These ingredients are going on my grocery list for sure! I'm visiting from Wow Me Wednesday where I shared #32. 🙂
Thank you so much!!!
Can you use a non-dairy milk option such as almond milk or oat milk?
Do you usually use almond milk or oat milk in place of regular milk in recipes? If so, how do those recipes turn out?
I personally have never tried any other type of non-diary option. But I don't think it would make much of a difference. I'd be interested in hearing how the recipe comes out for you using almond milk. Thanks for visiting!
I just made it with plain unsweetened oat milk and it turned out delicious. However, I do agree with another comment that the cooking time is longer. Mine was about 35 minutes.
Jennifer Woodcock says
What kind of syrup do you use
I used maple syrup in this recipe. You can also use your favorite syrup too! Thanks for visiting.
When you say 2 cans, do you refer to the bigger Grands cinnamon rolls or the smaller/regular Pillsbury size?
I use the regular package of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls that have 8 rolls per package. You need 16 rolls to make this recipe. I will update the recipe card. Thank you for visiting.
Has anyone made a double batch of this? Are there adjustments to cook time? How many people does this serve? Looks yummy thinking of doing a big batch for a family reunion!
Morgan Inman says
So glad I found this! Could you make this at night and bake the next morning?
I'm not sure what the egg mixture would do to the cinnamon rolls. But you could do the prep work the night before. Mix the eggs together with the milk, cinnamon and syrup. I would wait to cut up the cinnamon rolls till morning though...they might dry out too much. Thanks for visiting Morgan!
Sports World says
you are great. I like your way of teaching us recipes method.I am new in recipes please Visit my website and tell me how I Improve my website https://www.sooperchef.pk
Can I assemble this the night before and bake the next morning?
I'm not sure what the egg mixture would do to the cinnamon rolls. But you could do the prep work the night before. Mix the eggs together with the milk, cinnamon and syrup. I would wait to cut up the cinnamon rolls till morning though...they might dry out too much. Thanks for visiting HayGar!
Molly Wagner says
This looks delicious! My kids would love these, if my husband and I saved any for them, lol. I may have to just give this a try this weekend. Great video too, btw! Pinning now, thanks for sharing!
Yum! My daughter and I are going to attempt gluten free cinnamon rolls, I'm thinking we should make extra and freeze the dough so we can make a GF version. Thanks for linking up to #HomeMattersParty
Shirley Wood says
This is just so scrumptious looking! We love these kinds of desserts for breakfast. So glad you shared with us at Merry Monday.
Beth Coleman says
I'm making this this weekend for sure! Thanks for sharing,
Mother of 3 says
Wow! This looks amazing! Pinned.
Miz Helen says
Your recipe is featured on Full Plate Thursday this week. Thanks so much for sharing it with us and enjoy your new Red Plate!