All the flavor of Homemade Cinnamon Rolls are found in this easy to prepare Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Casserole.
This is the one of my popular Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes. Grab a few cans of refrigerator cinnamon rolls and let's bake something delicious!
Another delicious recipe that's perfect all year long. It's even great if you want to make something special for the weekend for your family. Maybe you're celebrating a birthday or family is coming over to visit.
If you're celebrating Easter, try my Bunny Shaped Cinnamon Rolls that also start out with a can of Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls. Kids love to help with this recipe.
Another easy recipe to prepare for Easter is the Easter Egg Cream Cheese Danish recipe.
Table of Contents
Pillsbury Cinnamon Roll Casserole
This cinnamon roll breakfast bake goes together quick. The recipe uses pre-made canned Pillsbury cinnamon rolls. Yes, the ones from a can. I told you the recipe was easy!
And if you're looking for easy, you need to try my Cinnamon Roll French Toast Recipe. It combines my the flavors of French toast and cinnamon rolls in one recipe that's ready in under 20 minutes.
A few of my readers have requested this recipe without eggs. Check out my Cinnamon Roll Casserole Without Eggs. It's just as delicious only without the egg mixture.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
OXO Good Grips 2-Cup Squeeze & Pour SiliconePyrex Easy Grab Glass Food Bakeware and StoragePyrex Portables Glass Food Bakeware and Storage ContainersThe Pioneer Woman Classic Charm Kitchen Towel SetThe Pioneer Woman Baking Dish Spring Bouquet 2-Piece
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- Maple syrup
- Step 1: Cut each biscuit into four pieces and then place in a baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray.
- Step 2: Then combine the milk, eggs, cinnamon and maple syrup in a mixing bowl using a whisk being careful to break up the eggs.
- Step 3: Finally pour the mixture over the top of the cut up cinnamon roll biscuits.
📌Quick Tip: Make sure you break up the eggs completely and incorporate them with the milk.
- Bake in a 350 degree preheated oven for about 30 minutes or until the cinnamon roll casserole and biscuits are golden brown and have puffed up nicely.
- Allow the casserole to cool slightly before pouring the icing on top.
How to Add the Icing
- In a microwave safe bowl or these silicon measuring cups , warm up the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls in 10 second intervals being careful not to melt the icing too much.
- Pour the warmed icing on top of the cinnamon roll breakfast casserole. Serve immediately.
- If you want something a little different than the icing that comes with the canned refrigerator biscuits, try my Homemade Cream Cheese Frosting recipe.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Prep Ahead Tips for Breakfast Casserole
You can definitely prepare this ahead and even bake this casserole before your company arrives or your family wakes up.
- Prepare as directed only do not add the icing until you're ready to serve.
- Right before serving, place the casserole in the microwave and warm it up for about one to two minutes.
- Then heat the icing and drizzle on top.
Looking for MORE Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Ideas?
- Overnight Cinnamon Rolls - these rolls rise in the refrigerator overnight and bake in the morning. Perfect for when busy holiday mornings.
- Freezer Friendly Cinnamon Rolls - I gave these as gifts a few years ago to family and friends. Free printables available too!
- Cinnamon Rolls made using frozen bread dough - when you think you don't have enough time for a traditional yeast bread recipe, try this one!
- 2 tubes 8 count each, Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- Open the cans of cinnamon rolls and cut each roll into 4 pieces. Lay the rolls in a 9 X 13 inch baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine the eggs, milk, cinnamon and syrup. Pour over the cinnamon rolls making sure everything is covered.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until the rolls are puffed up and slightly browned.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Drizzle over the casserole.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Be careful not to over-heat the icing in the microwave. It will turn to liquid if you heat it too long.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 3gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 487mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2016 with a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!