These easy-to-make Halloween Cake Mix Cookies are dyed green and topped with creepy zombie eyes and sprinkles...making them extra spooky!
Making delicious holiday goodies doesn’t have to be complicated! Just grab a box of store-bought cake mix and you can whip up these deliciously frightful Halloween cookies in no time!
Check out all the other Halloween Themed Recipes for even more fun ideas.
With just a few ingredients and an easy boxed cake mix, you can whip up some "spooktastic" treats that everyone will love.
Like my other cake mix cookies, these cute treats come together fast and they're budget-friendly too!
For more cake mix recipes, check out my 5 Cake Mix Baking Secrets for tips on creating delicious desserts using a box of cake mix.
Table of Contents
- When making cake mix cookies, you'll need a few extra ingredients like eggs and oil. Make sure to follow both the instructions for the recipe you are creating...not the back of the cake mix box.
- Mix the ingredients until just combined. Overmixing can result in tough cookies.
- To ensure your cookies don't stick to the pan and for easy cleanup, you can line your baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Chill the cookie batter in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes before baking. This will help prevent the cookies from spreading too much during baking. I even like to put the baking sheets in the refrigerator after I have the cookie dough balls on them for another quick chill.
- Leave enough space between the dough balls on the baking sheet to allow for spreading while baking. Typically, 2 inches apart is recommended.
- Because cake mix cookies bake quickly, it's important to monitor them closely. Follow the suggested baking time in the recipe and look for a golden brown edge and a slightly soft center.
- I have found that cake mix cookies will continue to bake after you remove them from the oven.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
McCormick Food Color, Green, 1 fl ozSmall Edible Eyes for Decorating Candy Eyes Edible Eyes for Cupcakes Small Eyeball Sprinkles Edible Googly Eyes Kosher Halloween Eyes Sprinkles Colored Edible Eyeballs 2.75 OZ with TweezersThe Nightmare Mix - Halloween Nonpareils Sprinkles for Cake ,Cupcake and Desserts Decorating and Baking - Halloween Mix Sprinkles for Ice Cream Toppings - 8 OZ
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- You can substitute the oil for the same amount of melted butter.
- You can use any shade of food coloring you prefer. Or...separate the dough and make a few different colors!
- Step 1: Mix the cake mix, oil and eggs together until a dough forms.
- Step 2: Add the food coloring, and once it's incorporated, fold in the colorful sprinkles.
- Step 3: Drop rounded balls of dough onto a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper.
📌Quick Tip: Use a cookie scoop to evenly portion out the dough. Not sure which size cookie scoop to use? Grab my FREE Cookie Scoop Cheat Sheet!
- Bake at 350°F for 8 to 11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and immediately press the eyeball sprinkles into each of the cookies.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- Store in an air-tight container or zip top bag at room temperature.
- They'll stay soft for 3-5 days.
- After the cookies have cooled completely, add to a freezer safe container or zip top freezer bag.
- Freeze for up to 3 months.
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- If the dough seems a bit sticky, add a little all purpose flour.
- Use a cookie scoop to evenly portion out the dough.
- Chill the dough before baking to help prevent the cookies from spreading too much.
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
I've used 15.25 to 18.25 ounce mixes and I didn't need to adjust the recipe at all.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Orange Creamsicle Cookies.
- 1 (15.25 oz) box white cake mix
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 3-4 drops green food coloring
- green and white candy eyeballs (24 of each)
- 3 tablespoon Halloween nonpareils
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the cake mix, oil, and eggs to a large bowl, and stir until a dough forms.
- Add the food coloring, and mix until the color is solid. Then fold in the nonpareils.
- Use a cookie scoop to gather the dough, and drop rounded balls of dough onto the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes until cookies are done.
- Remove from the oven, and immediately add one white and one green eyeball to each cookie. Gently press into the cookie so that they stay in.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 58Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 16mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.