Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft, delicious and the perfect way to celebrate the arrival of Fall. This recipe comes together fast because they're another one of my cake mix recipe hacks. Grab a box of cake mix and let's start baking!
Recently I posted a recipe for 2 Ingredient Pumpkin Bread that has become insanely popular here on the site. And then I thought, how about if we make cookies using a spice cake mix and canned pumpkin?
You only need 5 ingredients to make these pumpkin cookies with cake mix recipe that are packed with a ton of pumpkin flavor! They're slowly becoming one of my favorite pumpkin dessert recipes for the season.
Table of Contents
Looking for more Cake Mix Cookie Recipes? Try my Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies and my Chocolate Chip Cookies from Cake Mix
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
Main Ingredients Needed:
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- Canned Pumpkin Puree; not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 egg
- Chocolate Chips - you can use regular size like I did or mini chocolate chips.
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice.
Baking Tip: If you can't find pumpkin pie spice mix in the grocery store to make these pumpkin chocolate chip cookies cake mix recipe, check out my homemade pumpkin pie spice mix recipe!
Step 1: Combine the Ingredients
- This mixture comes together fast and very easily.
- You don't need to use a mixer at all. Just a wooden spoon. My favorite wooden spoons are bamboo wooden spoons. They don't stain at all and wash perfectly in the dishwasher.
Step 2 | Add the Eggs
- Combine the egg, with the cake mix and pumpkin puree.
Step 3 | Add the Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice. It's really okay if you don't want to add this. I just love the added taste of pumpkin pie spice.
Step 4 | Add the Chocolate Chips
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips. I used a cup of regular sized semi-sweet chocolate chips.
- You can definitely substitute mini chocolate chips if you prefer.
Step 5 | Baking Instructions
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and yes, you know by now how much I love these Parchment Baking Sheets.
- Use a cookie scoop to make sure all the cookies are uniform in size and bake evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12 to 15 minutes. Do not under-bake them as the cookies will be gummy. Test the cookies by sticking a toothpick into the center of a cookie and if it comes out clean or with only a few moist crumbs, they are done.
- The cookies puff up nicely as they bake. They also don't spread much, but I never like to crowd my baking trays.
Step 6 | Cooling Tips
- Let the cookies cool for a few minutes on the baking tray and then remove to a cooling rack before enjoying with a cup of cold milk!
How to Store Pumpkin Cookies
- Store the pumpkin cake mix cookies in an air-tight container. They should remain fresh for up to one week.
- You can also freeze the cookies by flash freezing them first on a baking tray in the freezer for 30 minutes. Once the cookies are frozen solid, remove them from the tray and place in freezer-safe containers.
- The cookies should stay fresh in the freezer for up to 6 weeks.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Ready for more Fall Inspired Recipes:
- Pancake Mix Pumpkin Pancakes
- TWO Ingredient Pumpkin Bread
- Mason Jar Apple Crisp
- Pumpkin Spice Cookie Cups - starts out with a cake mix!
Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cake Mix Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies are soft and delicious. You only need 5 ingredients to make this recipe that's packed with pumpkin flavor!
- 1 Box Spice Cake Mix; 15.75 ounce size
- 1 Egg
- 1 - 15 ounce size can Pumpkin Puree; not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, using a wooden spoon, combine together the dry cake mix, egg and pumpkin puree.
- Stir in the pumpkin pie spice followed by the chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, place the cookie dough on a parchment lined baking sheet about 2 to 3 inches apart.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for a few minutes before removing to a wire cooling rack to finish cooling completely before enjoying.
- Remember, all ovens bake differently. Try not under-bake the cookies.
- Use a toothpick inserted into the middle of one of the cookies to make sure it comes out clean or with a few crumbs, then you know the cookies are done.
- Store in an air-tight container.
- Depending on the size cookie scoop you use, this recipe should yield 28 to 32 cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 140mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 2gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2019 with new photos and information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
This was a so easy, my granddaughter is going to make them for her dad.
But we use dried cranberries. They turn out great.
Dried cranberries sound yummy as well! Thanks for the suggestion.
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
Lois - I just made these cookies today! They are fantastic! As expected from you of course. This will be the way I make them from now on. #HomeMattersParty
Donna @ Modern on Monticello says
I was so excited to see this post in the linkup this week. This is one of my favorite Fall recipes but I don't add the chocolate chips. But I have not only pinned your version but have put the ingredients on my shopping list for next month. We are taking a road trip to see our granddaughter (and family too of course) and these will be a great snack for the trip. Thanks for sharing with us. #HomeMattersParty
Enjoy your visit with your granddaughter!!! Thanks for the great comment. Hope you enjoy the cookies!
Decor Craft Design says
Those cookies surely look delicious, perfect for Thanksgiving treats! I’ll be featuring you at Happiness Is Homemade 347. Thank you for linking up at Happiness Is Homemade! Happy Halloween!
Decor Craft Design
Thank you for featuring my recipe!
It's my favorite cookies!