Packed with plenty of fresh lemons and sprigs of fresh mint, this Lemon Mint Sparkling Water will help quench your thirst and keep you cool during the hot summer days. It's another infused water recipe the whole family will love. Make a pitcher of this today and watch how fast it disappears.
There is something so refreshing about this lemon mint sparkling water recipe. If you love lemonade, you will be definitely surprised by the taste of this recipe.
Adding fresh mint to any drink recipe, brings out the flavor of the lemons. It's not over-powering either, so don't worry. It's the perfect combination of lemon and mint in one delicious drink.
If you'd like to try adding limes to the beverage, try my Lemon Lime Sparkling Water recipe.
Check out these other delicious non-alcoholic drinks available on the site:
Let's talk about fresh mint for a few minutes before we get into the drink recipe. You can find fresh mint in your local grocery store or farmer's market, but did you know, it's really easy to grow?
In fact it's so easy that if you're not careful, it will take over your whole garden. I'm telling you this from experience.
When we first started our garden we were so excited to plant fresh mint. Only by the next year it was everywhere in our garden. We worked really hard to remove it and finally figured out how to plant it properly.
You can read about my 5 Tips on Growing Mint in the garden section of the blog. Now, on to the recipe!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Mason jar glasses with lids and straws - these are always fun to serve summer drinks in.
- Infusion pitcher
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Sparkling water - for this recipe I used lemon flavored.
- Fresh lemons
- Fresh mint
Quick Tip: Serve this beverage over plenty of ice cubes. You want the beverage to be really cold for it to be refreshing on a hot summer day.
Step 1 | Add the Sparkling Water
Pour the water into either a glass pitcher or an infusion pitcher.
Step 2 | Add the Sliced Lemons
Wash the lemons and then slice them thin.
Step 3 | Add the Fresh Mint
Leave some of the mint leaves whole but you could finely slice or chop up a few mint leaves.
Step 4 | Refrigerate
Now, you could pour yourself a glass right away, but trust me, it will taste so much better if you let everything blend together in the refrigerator for an hour or more.
After the lemon mint water has had time to seep, add ice cubes to a glass and pour the water over the top. You could garnish with lemon slices and a sprig of fresh mint. Drink and enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
What can you add to Sparkling Water?
Here are a few ideas on how you could make this recipe your own and change a few ingredients to suit what you and your family like best:
- You can add different fruit like strawberries, cherries, blueberries or pineapple.
- Try different herbs like fresh rosemary or maybe basil.
- If you want, you could even add fresh spinach or baby kale.
- Store the lemon mint sparkling water in the refrigerator.
- But keep in mine, that when you add citrus fruits to any infused water recipe, you should drink it the day you make it. The rind from any citrus can make the water bitter.
- A fun way to store lemonade is to freeze any leftovers in ice cube trays! Pop them out and store in a plastic bag to use the next time you prepare a fun drink.
If you wanted to mix things up with the recipe you could add vodka. Make sure you label the beverage that there's alcohol, so little ones don't get into any alcoholic beverages when serving.
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
You can leave mint in water for about a day before the leaves start to go bad.
- 4 cups lemon flavored sparkling water
- 2 lemons
- Fresh mint
- Pour the water into either a glass pitcher or an infusion pitcher.
- Wash the lemons and then slice thin.
- Add the fresh mint leaves.
- Refrigerate for an hour or more before serving.
Serve over plenty of ice cubes and garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 37Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 12gFiber: 4gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.