New Year's Party Appetizer Ideas and recipes that will get your party off to a great start. Even if you're celebrating with just your family, you're going to want to check out these recipes. They don't need to be complicated or made with a ton of ingredients. Just make sure they're delicious! Let me show you what you need to be serving!
Appetizers are such fun foods to prepare no matter what type of party you're hosting, but especially over the holidays. For some reason food tastes better when it's tiny. Or maybe that's because we feel we can eat more of it when it's finger-sized.
Here are some ideas to get your New Year's party off to a great start, especially at the appetizer table.
Crescent Roll Appetizers
You know what a crescent roll is, but did you know that you can make all sorts of holiday appetizers and snacks with it? Here are some ideas for your party:
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Danish - you can always substitute the blueberry pie filling with cherry pie filling to make this recipe more seasonal.
- Barbecue Chicken Pizza Pinwheels by Yellow Bliss Road
- Pesto, Roasted Red Pepper, and Cheese Crescent Rolls by Two Peas And Their Pod
- Mini Cheese And Onion Pastries by Melanie Makes
Air Fryer Appetizers
My new favorite way to make appetizers for parties is to use my air fryer. Here are a few of my favorite Air Fryer Recipes.
- BBQ Chicken Wrapped in Bacon - because everything tastes better wrapped in bacon, right?
- Air Fryer Mini Ravioli
- Vegetable and Cream Cheese Wontons
Mini Quiche Appetizers
Mini Quiche Appetizers are one of my favorites to prepare for parties, bridal showers or a large gathering at home. Most recipes are just a few ingredients making this an easy option for New Year's Eve parties.
- Mini Quiche - you can even prepare these ahead of time and freeze which makes them a great appetizer for entertaining.
- Six Ingredients Mini Quiche Lorraine - no pre-baking of crust needed either for this recipe.
- Individual Veggie Quiche Cups - Low carb and low calorie individual quiche.
Puff Pastry Appetizers
- Christmas Tree Appetizers - made with puff pastry and pesto sauce. You could also use Nutella for a sweet puff pastry appetizer.
- Puff Pastry Cookies - dipped in chocolate, these are a fun sweet treat to serve with your appetizers.
- Puff Pastry Brie Bites - filled with brie, red pepper jelly and walnuts, all of your last minute holiday entertaining will be a breeze,
Mini Pizza Appetizers
- Mini Pizza Appetizers - use Christmas shaped cookie cutters to get these cute mini pizza appetizers!
- Vegan Pizza Pinwheels - classic finger food filled with olives, mushrooms and bell peppers are super quick to put together too!
- Pizza and Pepperoni Braid - slice this up into bite sized pieces for a fun treat!
Low Carb Appetizers
- Zucchini Pizza Bites - these are so delicious and perfect for people getting a jump start on their New Year's resolutions.
- Smashed Loaded Cauliflower Bites - stuffed with bacon and cheese these are so good!
- Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Sticks - super crunchy and super delicious!
These are almost a tradition in some parts of the country. Plus, they’re super-easy to make.. You can use hot sausage to make them spicy or you can use only mild if you prefer.
You can also experiment with different types of cheese.
Cheese and Meat Trays
This is a super-easy way to put out snacks and appetizers for the holidays. Just put a variety of cheese, meats, fruit, chutney, bread, and crackers on a tray. A meat and cheese tray is one of the easiest, classic appetizer options to put together.
- New Years Eve Snack Board by Foxes Love Lemons
- Cheese and Meat Board from Walking on Sunshine Recipes
Making a cheese ball is simple. You literally just put all the ingredients into a bowl and mix together, then form into the shape you desire and refrigerate. It makes cheese more festive and infuses delicious flavors depending on the recipe you use.
- Veggie Cream Cheese Ball by Peas And Crayons
- Mediterranean Cheese Ball Bites by Sprinkle Bakes
- Caprese Skewers - technically not a cheese ball, but mozzarella balls are used and this is a family favorite.
There are so many ways to make this classic appetizer, but even just a classic deviled egg recipe is always appreciated by party guests. Try these variations:
- Ham And Cheese Deviled Eggs by Lemon Tree Dwelling
- Classic Deviled Eggs
- Avocado Deviled Eggs by Detoxinista
Everyone loves dips, whether served hot or cold. From crackers to veggies to breads, there are endless foods that you can use to accompany your dips.
Here are several ideas that would work well for a New Year's Eve appetizer table.
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
- Smoked Salmon Dip by Recipe Tin Eats
- Bacon Jalapeno Popper Dip by Sugar Spun Run
- Layered Greek Dip by Garnish With Lemon
Have fun planning your appetizers and have a safe and happy New Year's celebration!
This post has been updated since it first appeared in 2019 with new photos and new recipes. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!