Peach Crumb Cake with Yellow Cake Mix - made with canned peaches and a buttery crumb topping, this is another one of my peach dessert recipes that's perfect anytime of year! Let me show you how to take a box of cake mix and turn it into a delicious dessert everyone is going to love.
I love desserts to make with canned peaches because you can enjoy them year round. You don't have to bake with peaches only when they're in season as long as you have a can or two of peaches in your pantry. Which is why I include canned peaches or fruit on my Ten Items in your Pantry Checklist and Printable.
Ever since I was a little girl I have loved crumb cake. I sometimes would eat the crumb topping and leave behind the cake. However, I wouldn't do it with this Peach Crumb Cake with Yellow Cake Mix recipe!
This recipe is very similar to my Blueberry Crumb Cake. I take a shortcut with this recipe and use a boxed cake mix, which is another one of my Cake Mix Baking Hacks. Take shortcuts when you when baking for your family!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
- 9X13 baking pan
- pastry blender
- mixing bowls
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Yellow Cake Mix; 15.25 ounce size
- Canned Peaches; drained - reserve ½ cup of the peach juice to add to the cake batter.
- Vegetable Oil
- Almond Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Brown Sugar
- Melted Butter
- Confectioner's Sugar
Step 1: Prepare the Cake Batter
In the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer, combine the cake mix, oil, ½ cup reserved peach juice, eggs and almond extract.
Step 2: Add the Peaches
Pour the batter into a 9X13 baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Then add the drained canned peaches.
Step 3: Prepare the Crumb Topping
In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and melted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle the topping on top of the peaches and cake batter.
Step 4: Baking Instructions
Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Allow to cool while you prepare the glaze.
Step 5: Add Glaze to the Top
Combine the ingredients of the glaze together and slowly drizzle it on top of the cooled cake.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
Over-baking a cake, whether it's from a box mix or from scratch, will cause the cake to dry out. Remember all ovens bake differently so set a timer to start checking if the cake is done around 5 minutes before the recipe says it should be baked completely.
Absolutely! Try swapping out the canned peaches with canned blueberry pie filling or even cherry pie filling.
Ready for more great recipes?
- Peach Cobbler Rolls – made with sweetened cream cheese, canned peaches and topped with biscuits, this is a “peaches and cream pie” inspired recipe.
- You only need a few ingredients to make an impressive and easy Crescent Rolls Fruit Tart.
- Peach Crunch Cake or Peach Dump Cake is one of the most easiest recipes you’ll ever make. You literally dump all the ingredients into a baking dish and bake!
For the Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix; 15.25 ounce size
- 2 cans sliced peaches in juice; 15 ounce size; drained but reserving ½ cup of juice.
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoon pure almond extract
For the Crumb Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup melted butter; 1 stick
For the Glaze
- 1 cup Confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In the bowl of a KitchenAid mixer, combine the cake mix, oil, ½ cup reserved peach juice, eggs and almond extract.
- Pour the batter into a 9X13 baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Then add the drained canned peaches.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, sugar and melted butter until crumbly. Sprinkle the topping on top of the peaches and cake batter.
- Bake in a preheated 350° oven for 30 to 35 minutes or until the top is golden brown and a knife inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool while you prepare the glaze.
- Combine the ingredients of the glaze together and slowly drizzle it on top of the cooled cake.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 357Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 57mgSodium: 312mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.