You'd never guess that these easy dessert recipes that I'm sharing with you today all start out with a cake mix. There's no shame in using a cake mix as the base of a great dessert. In fact, I've done it many times!
Let's take a few minutes today and talk about these easy delicious recipes that are all cake mix recipe hacks.
Did you know that the word "hack" means to find a creative solution? Which is just what these recipes do! By using a cake mix to doctor up a recipe, we're creating a solution to baking something delicious without all the work of baking from scratch.
Make sure you grab the FREE Printable available for my Cake Mix Baking Secrets.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
Cake Mix Recipes
Let's take what we've learned about cake mix hacks and turn a box of cake mix into a delicious cake recipe:
- Strawberry Bundt Cake with Marshmallow Cream Filling - starts out easy with a cake mix but then is made even more delicious by adding a delicious marshmallow cream filling.
- Marble Bundt Cake
- Aunt Betty's Pound Cake Recipe with Mixed Berry Compote - turn an ordinary pound cake recipe into a delicious dessert by spooning homemade mixed berry compote on top.
- Chocolate Brownie Cake - not one but TWO cake mixes make this decadent chocolate cake with Homemade Chocolate Ganache.
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake
- Easy German Chocolate Cake - another cake mix recipe that's enhanced by a homemade coconut icing.
- Easter Bundt Cake
- Mason Jar Cake with Strawberries
Cake Mix Cookies
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Crinkle Cookies
- Brownie Mix Mint Chip Cookies - okay, technically not a cake mix, but these cookies are delicious!
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies
- Chocolate Chip Bar Cookies
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars - this recipe is for bar cookies using a cake mix.
Cake Mix Cupcakes
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Stuffed Cupcakes - easy to make with a chocolate cake mix, but stuffed with a surprise peanut butter filling that tastes very similar to a Reese's peanut butter cup.
- Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
- Lemon Poke Cupcakes
Dump Cake Recipes
- Peach Crunch Cake
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake
- Apple Dump Cake - one of the most popular recipes on the blog!
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Apple Dump Cake
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Peach Dump Cake - made with using a cake mix and cereal as the crunchy topping!
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Dump Cake - a poke cake recipe that's filled with delicious cinnamon flavor and crunch!
- Berry Dump Cake - made with fresh blueberries and raspberries!
- Chocolate Chunk Muffins - a simple baking tip helps turn chocolate cake mix into a dense muffin filled with chocolate chips.
- Baked Chocolate Donuts with Sprinkles - yes, you can even bake donuts using a cake mix.