There are a few recipes that I know my family is going to love when I'm short on time and still want to cook a nice dinner for my family. This easy sausage and peppers sandwich is one recipe I love adding to my Weekly Meal Plan at least once a month. Let me show you how quick this recipe comes together.
What's your go-to easy and quick dinner recipe for busy nights? Let's face it, we all have nights when we need to get dinner on the table quick or we'll be tempted to stop at a fast food restaurant on the way home from work.
Which is why I love how easy this recipe for sausage and pepper sandwiches is so easy to make. Oh, and did I mention it's really tasty too?
This recipe comes together fast because it uses sausages that are already cooked. You might want to try my traditional sausage and peppers recipe if you want to use a mix of sweet and spicy Italian sausages.
You Might also Like these Recipes:
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Jack Link's Sausage - I chose the sausages that come with Jalapeno Peppers.
- Green bell pepper
- Red bell pepper
- Orange bell pepper
- Yellow bell pepper
- One medium sized onion
- Vegetable oil
- Hard rolls
- Cheddar cheese
- Barbecue sauce; optional
Step 1 | Cook the Peppers and Onions
In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil.
Add the pepper slices and onion slices and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the onion is translucent and the peppers are beginning to soften and brown.
Step 2 | Add the Pre-Cooked Sausage
Slice the pre-cooked Jack Link's sausage and add to the pan with the peppers and onions.
Continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the sausage is heated through.
Step 3 | Prepare the Sandwich
Serve Sausage and Peppers Sandwich over warmed or toasted hard rolls topped with barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 -package of Jack Link's Sausage; 12 ounce size
- 1 green bell pepper; sliced
- 1 red bell pepper; slicked
- 1 orange bell pepper; sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper; sliced
- 1 medium sized onion; sliced
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 hard rolls
- In a large skillet, heat the 2 tablespoons vegetable oil.
- Add the pepper slices and onion slices and cook for 10 to 12 minutes or until the onion is translucent and the peppers are beginning to soften and brown.
- Slice the pre-cooked Jack Link's sausage and add to the pan with the peppers and onions.
- Continue to cook for another 10 minutes or until the sausage is heated through.
- Serve over warmed or toasted hard rolls topped with barbecue sauce and cheddar cheese.
Optional toppings are cheddar cheese, barbecue sauce or garlic Parmesan mayonnaise.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 853mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2016 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!