Grab a package of cookies, cream cheese and candy melts to make these three ingredient Valentine's Day Oreo Truffles. Another easy Valentine's Day Recipe everyone loves! Wrap these up in cute boxes to give as gifts to family, friends or even teachers.
And if you are planning on giving these away as gifts, plan to make another recipe for your own family. They freeze well and are perfect all year long; not just for February 14th.
These Oreo truffles are another easy no-bake dessert. They're perfect for any occasion. Everyone loves these delicious little cookie balls.
This recipe was inspired by Heart Shaped Oreo Truffles. Only with that recipe I roll out the cookie and cream cheese dough and use heart shaped cookie cutters.
Table of Contents
No Bake Holiday Oreo Truffles
This easy dessert recipe is fun to make all year long...not just for Valentine's Day. You can easily change the color of the candy melts and sprinkles used to match the holiday you're celebrating.
These would be fun for baby showers too! You can decorate them for a boy or girl with either pink or blue candy melts.
You can also use a different flavor cookie. Try Nutter Butter Cookies for a peanut butter flavor. Or how about Mint Flavored Oreo Cookies for a peppermint flavor?
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Valentine's Day Gift Tags
The perfect homemade treat for Valentine’s Day deserves really cute cards and gift tags. Check out a few of my favorites:
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Oreo cookies
- Cream cheese
- Pink candy melts
- Valentine's sprinkles or nonpareils
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- Place the cookies in a plastic bag.
- Using a meat tenderizer, crush the cookies.
- Add the cookies to a bowl.
- Then add the cream cheese and using an electric mixer until completely combined.
Step 2 | Shape into Balls
- Form the mixture into one inch balls.
- Place the truffle balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and then place the tray in the freezer for at least ten minutes.
- Melt the candy melts over a double boiler. You can also melt the candy melts in the microwave following the instructions on the back of the bag.
- Remove the truffle balls from the freezer and dip into the melted candy.
Step 3 | Allow to Set
- Set them on another baking tray lined with fresh parchment paper and immediately sprinkle with sprinkles.
- Allow the chocolate to set before serving.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- This recipe is fun to make all year round! Change the type and color of sprinkles and you can make these for any holiday.
- Check out my other recipe for 3 Ingredient Oreo Truffles that I make for the holidays.
- Valentine's Day Oreo Truffles should be stored in the refrigerator because they contain cream cheese.
- Place them in an airtight container.
Can you Freeze Oreo Truffles?
- Oreo truffles can be frozen for up to 3 months.
- Place the set truffles on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Then place the baking tray in the freezer to flash freeze them.
- After about 30 minutes, place them in an airtight container with parchment paper between the layers.
- To defrost, remove from the freezer and the airtight container. Place the Oreo truffles on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and allow to defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure you freeze the Oreo truffles before dipping them in the melted candy. If you skip this step, the cookie balls could start to fall apart while they're in the hot candy.
- 8 ounce package cream cheese; softened
- 36 Oreo sandwich cookies
- Pink candy melts; 12 ounces
- Valentine's Day nonpareils
- Crush the cookies into crumbs using a bag and meat tenderizer or a food processor.
- Add the softened cream chese and crushed cookies to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until fully combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form the mixture into one inch balls; then set them on the baking sheet.
- Freeze the cookie balls for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Melt the candy over a double boiler.
- Remove the cookie balls from the freezer and dip into the melted candy melts. Set them on another baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Immediately top with the nonpareils.
- Allow them to set completely before serving.
Make sure you chill the cookie truffles before dipping them into the melted candy or the heat will cause some of the crushed Oreos to break off.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 5mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.