Christmas Oreo Cookie Truffles - crushed Oreo cookies, cream cheese and chocolate chips combine into a fun holiday treat! You only need 3 ingredients, well four if you count the fun sprinkles used to decorate. Let me show you another family-favorite Christmas Cookie recipe you can make for the holiday season.
These Oreo Cookie Truffles are another delicious 3 Ingredient Christmas Cookie that really can be made all year long. Just change the colored sprinkles for the season or holiday you're celebrating.
Or you could use a heart-shaped cookie cutter and make Heart Shaped Oreo Truffles for Valentine's Day or bridal showers.
You can even reserve a little of the cookie crumbs to sprinkle on top of the truffles after they have been dipped in the melted chocolate. Or use chocolate flavored sprinkles. Even finely crushed nuts or finely shredded coconut works!
When my children were younger, we baked a lot of Christmas cookies together. Especially my daughter, Olivia. Her favorite cookies to help me bake are Peanut Butter Blossoms. She loved rolling the dough into balls.
I put together a great list of my family's favorite Christmas Cookies for you to look through and hopefully find inspiration to bake with your children. Even if it gets messy in the kitchen, take the time to have fun and enjoy little hands helping you!
This recipe for truffles is so easy. You can let the kids help you...they'll love crushing the cookies in a plastic bag with a rolling pin. If they're really little, you can give them a measuring cup that's more easier for little hands to handle.
This recipe is perfect for gift-giving for family, friends, teachers and neighbors. Make sure you print out these cute Gingerbread Recipe Cards to use if you give these 3 Ingredient Christmas Cookies away as gifts.
How to Give Christmas Cookies as Gifts
If you want to give these Oreo Cookie Truffles as gifts, here are some fun ideas for wrapping!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
- Cookie scoops- these will help you form the ball shape.
- Holiday sprinkles - is it just me...I can never find these at my local grocery store and Amazon has such a huge collection for every holiday.
- Parchment Baking Sheets - this really helps with the melted chocolate not sticking.
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 1 package Oreo Cookies
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 package (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
Begin by combining the crushed Oreo cookies with the softened cream cheese and then roll out the dough into balls. A small cookie scoop works great to make sure you get the same sized balls.
You should get anywhere from 35 to 40 one inch sized balls. After the cookie balls have been refrigerated for an hour, dip them into the melted chocolate. You can use two spoons or you can use toothpicks to help. Even a fork works!
Quick Tip: Use toothpicks to help you dip the Oreo balls into the melted chocolate!
Add the colorful sprinkles right away and then return the tray back to the refrigerator for the chocolate to harden.
Serve once the chocolate has hardened. You can easily package these up and give as gifts to the school teachers or your neighbors. Or leave a plate out for Santa on Christmas Eve.
Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to leave a comment and let me know!
Ready for MORE Easy Christmas Cookies?
- Candy Cane Sugar Cookies
- 3 Ingredient Christmas Cookies
- Reindeer Cupcakes
- Candy Cane Parfaits
- Santa Reindeer Treats
- Hugs Pretzels with FREE Printable Gift Tags
- • 1 package Oreo Cookies
- • 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- • 1 package (12 oz.) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the Oreo Cookies in your food processor and process until the cookies are finely crushed.
- In a large bowl, combine the crushed Oreos and softened cream cheese. Mix together with a spoon (or your hands) until well combined.
- Roll the Oreo and cream cheese mixture into 1 inch balls and place onto parchment paper. Depending on the size of the balls, you should get around 35 - 40.
- Place the tray in the refrigerator and chill for one hour.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate chips in the microwave on 30 second intervals, stirring well between.
- Dip the Oreo balls into the melted chocolate and place back onto the parchment.
- Coat with sprinkles immediately, before the chocolate dries.
- Chill again in the refrigerator until chocolate is set.
If you don't have a food processor, place the cookies in a large plastic bag and then using a rolling pin, roll over the cookies until they are finely crushed.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 22mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!