Included in this collection of Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners are chicken tenders, apple hand pies, bacon, cheeseburgers, hot dogs and more! You'll find the basic beginner recipes to help you cook breakfast, dinner, even air fryer appetizers all made with simple ingredients.
Also included are tips for using your air fryer the very first time, along with cleaning tips and a few helpful kitchen tools.
When I first got my air fryer, it intimidated me! I finally pulled it out of the box and made my very first recipe for Air Fryer Wontons. They came out great and there was no turning back.
Make sure you check out my collection of Air Fryer Desserts so you can always have something sweet ready to enjoy at a moment's notice.
Table of Contents
Beginner Air Fryer Tips
Here are a few tips for the first time you use an air fryer:
- Air fryers are filled with hot air which makes them small powerful ovens.
- They use air to heat and cook food. There's no oil used like deep fryers which makes cooking in an air fryer healthy.
- It's okay to open the air fryer while cooking to check on your food.
- Always preheat your air fryer while prepping the food. Just as you would a traditional oven.
What should I do before using my air fryer for the first time?
Follow these easy steps before using your air fryer for the first time:
- Make sure you read the instructional booklet that came with your particular air fryer.
- Depending on the style of air fryer you own, clean the basket or try with hot soapy water. Make sure you dry it as well.
- If there are stickers on your air fryer, remove them.
- Decide where you're going to use the air fryer. Make sure it's on a heat resistant surface and that the surface is stable.
- Some air fryers require you to preheat them before using. Follow the instructions for preheating in the instructional booklet.
- Once the air fryer has been preheated, remove the basket or tray, place the food inside.
- Set the temperature according to the recipe instructions and press start.
- The air fryer will beep when the cooking time is completed.
- Please note that most recipes require you to turn or rotate the food halfway through the baking time.
How to Clean an Air Fryer
- You should clean the air fryer after each use especially if you have a basket and drawer style air fryer. Wash the basket and drawer with hot soapy water.
- If you have one with a tray, like a larger toaster oven, clean the tray the food was on.
- Don't use abrasive products or scrubbers.
- Always make sure you unplug the air fryer before wiping it down and cleaning.
- Check the user manual to see if any of the attachments, baskets, trays are dishwasher safe.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!