Apple Dump Cake is an easy and delicious recipe to make to help celebrate Fall, but it’s really delicious all year long. By the way, don’t forget a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top! Let me show you how to make one the most popular recipes on this site.
Apple Dump Cake
Do you need an EASY recipe when you’re entertaining? Then you are going to want to check out this easy recipe for Apple Dump Cake.
The recipe is just like the recipe says, it’s a dump cake recipe meaning you literally dump everything into a baking dish and bake! How easy is that?
I made this Apple Dump Cake this weekend when we hosted 18 people at our house after our annual Fall Church Cleanup. My husband was in charge and he invited everyone over to our house for lunch.
I needed an easy recipe to make because of my work schedule. Immediately, I thought of the very popular Peach Crunch Cake recipe that’s been on the blog forever. However, I knew I wanted to celebrate fall.
What better way to celebrate Fall than with apples! So I swapped out the peaches for apples and it was so easy and delicious, I know you’re going to love it as much as we did.
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 2 cans apple pie filling
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- Butter; 1 stick
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a 9X11 baking dish, that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, add the two cans of apple pie filling.
- Sprinkle Cinnamon over the apple pie filling.
- Next, sprinkle the cake mix on top.
- Then add the brown sugar to the top.
- Add the chopped pecans to the top.
- Finally add the sliced butter to the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the edges are hot and bubbly.
Let’s Get Started Making this Delicious Recipe!
To begin with, layer the two cans of apple pie filling in the bottom of a 9X11 baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Then stir in the cinnamon.
Trust me, okay? Next, open the bag of yellow cake mix and sprinkle on top of the apples. Then you add the brown sugar and chopped pecans.
The final step is to top the ingredients with the butter helps make the crumble topping even more delicious. See? I told you this was an easy recipe!
How Long to Bake
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes or until the top is nicely browned and the cake is bubbling.
Tips for Baking and Serving
- The most important tip is to make sure to spread out the cake mix so there are not large mounds on top of the apples.
- Sometimes, no matter how well you think you’ve distributed the cake mix, you’ll see clumps starting to form.
- If you notice clumps, take a fork and break up any clumps, then return the cake to the oven to continue baking.
- You can also try making this apple dump cake using a spice cake mix!
- This easy recipe is delicious warm from the oven but you may want it to cool down just a bit so you can add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or freshly made whipped cream.
You’re going to LOVE these other Dump Cake Recipes:
- Peach Crunch Cake
- Pumpkin Crunch Cake – with video
- Blueberry Lemon Dump Cake – with video
- Apple Caramel Dump Cake
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 485Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 30mgSodium: 594mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 2gSugar: 50gProtein: 3g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.