Best Soup Recipes are perfect now that the weather is cooler. What makes soup even more delicious is if you use a semi-homemade bread bowls instead of a soup bowl. These recipes shared today are so hearty they could really be a meal for dinner any night of the week. Grab a spoon because we’re serving up soup for dinner tonight.
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
I’m so fortunate that my family loves soup. Growing up we had soup at least once a week for dinner. My father was from Germany and he loved a good bowl of thick, hearty soup and my Italian mom quickly learned how to make delicious soup for our family.
However, my husband did not have such a delicious experience growing up. In fact, when we were first married I didn’t make soup for dinner for quite a few years. That all changed after I slowly started introducing homemade a few best soup recipes for him and our children.
Is it Healthy to have Soup for Dinner?
For many people soup brings an image of a cozy comfort food that just has to be good for you…especially during the colder Fall and Winter months. Enjoying soup for dinner can give you a feeling of fullness and satisfaction. Which will make it easier to not overeat after the meal.
What Goes with Soup for Dinner?
Most people love to serve homemade bread alongside a bowl of soup. But have you ever tried making your own bread bowls to serve soup? Here are a few other ideas:
- Homemade French Bread – this recipe is so easy to make and ready in under an hour!
- Tomato Salad or a simple green salad with homemade Italian salad dressing.
- Roasted Vegetables
- Stuffed Zucchini is a great option to serve alongside soup.
- Don’t forget to serve Homemade Garlic Butter to go along with any bread you’re serving.
Best Soup Recipes
Here is a great collection of soups that are perfect any time of year. These are great for dinner and leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day.
- Italian Tomato Soup – made with Grilled Cheese Croutons.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup – better than the Panera Bread recipe…really!
- Potato and Corn Chowder – this recipe is made using the crock pot and is very economical.
- Three Bean Minestrone Soup – another soup recipe that can be served like a meal.
- Homemade Beef Barley Soup – I grew up on this recipe but never enjoyed it when I was younger! That’s not the case now with this recipe!
- Homemade Potato Soup – if you love Panera Bread’s potato soup, you’re going to love this loaded potato soup. Don’t forget the crumbled bacon on top!
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup – every kid’s favorite. I have a few suggestions on how to cook the chicken
- Pasta Fagioli Soup – my daughter’s favorite recipe.
- Chicken Mushroom Florentine Soup – if you love mushrooms as much as my husband does, this is a recipe you need to try.