Best Soup Recipes are perfect now that the weather is cooler. What makes soup even more delicious is if you use a semi-homemade bread bowls instead of a soup bowl.
These recipes shared today are so hearty they could really be a meal for dinner any night of the week. Grab a spoon because we're serving up soup for dinner tonight.
I'm so fortunate that my family loves soup. Growing up we had soup at least once a week for dinner. My father was from Germany and he loved a good bowl of thick, hearty soup and my Italian mom quickly learned how to make delicious soup for our family.
However, my husband did not have such a delicious experience growing up. In fact, I didn't make soup for dinner for quite a few years after we were first married. That all changed after I slowly started introducing homemade a few best soup recipes for him and our children.
Is it Healthy to have Soup for Dinner?
For many people soup brings an image of a cozy comfort food that just has to be good for you...especially during the colder Fall and Winter months.
Enjoying soup for dinner can give you a feeling of fullness and satisfaction. Which will make it easier to not overeat after the meal.
Best Soup Recipes
Here is a great collection of soups that are perfect any time of year. These are great for dinner and leftovers are perfect for lunch the next day.
- Italian Tomato Soup - made with Grilled Cheese Croutons.
- Broccoli Cheese Soup - better than the Panera Bread recipe...really!
- Potato and Corn Chowder - this recipe is made using the crock pot and is very economical.
- Three Bean Minestrone Soup - another soup recipe that can be served like a meal.
- Homemade Beef Barley Soup - I grew up on this recipe but never enjoyed it when I was younger! That's not the case now with this recipe!
- Homemade Potato Soup - if you love Panera Bread's potato soup, you're going to love this loaded potato soup. Don't forget the crumbled bacon on top!
- Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup - every kid's favorite. I have a few suggestions on how to cook the chicken
- Pasta Fagioli Soup - my daughter's favorite recipe.
- Chicken Mushroom Florentine Soup - if you love mushrooms as much as my husband does, this is a recipe you need to try.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Stoneware Soup BowlsMore InformationLe Creuset Enameled Cast IronMore InformationCook N Home 16 Quart StockpotMore Information12oz Mini Cocotte, Set of 4More InformationSet of 4 French Onion SoupMore Information
Knorr Bouillon Cube BeefMore InformationKnorr Cube Bouillon, ChickenMore InformationTaste of Home Soups, Stews andMore InformationThe Ultimate Soup Cookbook: Over 900More Information
Thank you so much for the party and for the feature! <3
Thank you for joining every week!
Marilyn Lesniak says
Thank you for hosting. I love sharing with your readers and always find inspiration here. Have a blessed week! #OverTheMoon #WWBlogHop #ThursdayFavoriteThings
Thank you for the delicious fun today Lois, all the soups look amazing!