Thank you to Hamilton Beach for sponsoring today’s recipe and giveaway. #ad #HamiltonBeach #SlowCookerB2Sgiveaw
Potato and Corn Chowder
Does your family love soup for dinner as much as mine? Potato and Corn Chowder is one of those soups that your family is going to be requesting again and again for dinner. And as an added bonus, it reheats nicely too if you have leftovers.
What I love most about this potato and corn chowder soup recipe is that it cooks in the slow cooker and was no work at all to put together.
Tips for Cooking Soup in a Slow Cooker
My family loves soup and I love that it’s an easy and economical meal. We had potato and corn chowder for dinner last night and there was just enough soup left over for my husband to take with him to work today.
- Sprinkle the potatoes and corn with the flour before you add the chicken broth. This will help thicken the soup as it cooks.
- Make sure you check the potatoes after they’ve been cooking for awhile in the slow cooker. The newer slow cookers tend to cook things really fast, so be careful. You definitely do not want the potatoes overcooked as you’ll end up with mashed potato soup.
- I always stir heavy cream into 1/2 cup of the hot soup in a small bowl then add to the hot soup to prevent the cream from curdling.
Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker
I’m so happy to be teaming up with Hamilton Beach again to offer this giveaway for a NEW slow cooker. The Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, has some amazing features:
- Thermometer probe for precise results
- Set it and forget it® with cooking modes featuring automatic keep warm
- 3 program choices for easy, automatic cooking: Probe, Program and Manual
- Spill-resistant travel— the lid quickly seals in place with the clip-tight gasket lid
- Full-grip handles make carrying heavy meals easier
- 6 quart oval crock is the perfect size for a 6 lb. chicken or 4 lb. roast
- Wraparound, even heat cooks food evenly and consistently
- Removable, dishwasher safe oval stoneware crock & lid
- Power interrupt protection – keeps slow cooker on during a brief power outage
- Backed with a one-year warranty
Some of the items below contain affiliate links; I am a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. However, I only promote things that I love and think you will love, too. For more information, please see our Disclosure Policy.
Back to School Slow Cooker Giveaway
Thank you to Hamilton Beach for sponsoring the back to school slow cooker giveaway. This giveaway is also brought to you by
- Juggling Act Mama,
- Second Chance to Dream,
- Life a Little Brighter,
- My Life as Robin’s Wife,
- Ever After in the Woods,
- I Love My Disorganized Life,
- Bowl Me Over,
- Walking on Sunshine Recipes
Not only is the lucky winner going to get receive at Hamilton Beach 6 Quart Programmable Slow Cooker, but he or she is also going to receive a prize pack with the following items:
Official Rules and Conditions for the this giveaway: One winner will be receive a Hamilton Beach Slow Cooker along with a prize pack valued at approximately $100. Open to US residents adults 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, Amazon, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 9/12/2018. Bloggers are not responsible for the delivery of the prize.
More Yummy Slow Cooker Recipes
- Slow Cooker Tomato Sauce and Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Bacon Wrapped BBQ Chicken
- Slow Cooker Pot Roast – Sunday Dinner at it’s BEST!
- Slow Cooker Turkey Breast – this is the recipe I use to cook an extra turkey breast every year for Thanksgiving.
- 5 large baking potatoes; peeled and diced. About 4 cups.
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 3 cans chicken broth; 14.5 oz size
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream or half and half
- cooked bacon; optional topping
- sour cream; optional topping
- salt pepper to taste
Place the potatoes and corn into your slow cooker. Stir in the flour and toss to combine.
Add the chicken stock and salt and pepper to taste.
Cover and cook on low 6 - 8 hours or 4 hours on high; until the potatoes are tender.
Stir in the butter and heavy cream. Cook for an additional 20 minutes with the lid off until the soup has thickened.
Serve with crumbled cooked bacon and a dollop of sour cream.
All slow cookers are different. Some cook really fast these days, so please check your potatoes after 2 hours or so of cooking to see if they are fork tender.
Here’s the original photo for the recipe taken three years ago. Still really yummy!