When it comes to home cooking, few things are more versatile or tasty than a good old-fashioned Family Favorite Chicken Recipes. And when you cook it in a cast iron skillet, you're guaranteed to get juicy, flavorful results every time.
That's why we've collected some of our favorite cast iron skillet chicken recipes here on this page for you to enjoy all the flavor and convenience of this classic cooking method.
Cooking in a cast iron skillet is relatively new to me. I know that's not the case with a lot of my readers, but for me I only started coking with cast iron pans a few years ago.
What I love most about using cast iron to cook in, is the taste. The pan builds flavors one at a time all while cooking in the same skillet.
Whether you're looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner or a show-stopping entree for your next dinner party, you'll find a recipe perfect for your weekly meal plan. Our collection includes classic dishes like roasted chicken breasts as well as a hearty casserole and one-pot wonders that will have your family coming back for more!
Best Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Recipes
- Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Breasts - boneless, skinless chicken breasts pounded thin so they cook fast while remaining tender and juicy.
- Cast Iron Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts - turn boring chicken breasts into an amazing dinner option with this easy recipe for Cast Iron Pan-Roasted Chicken Breasts. This a delicious way to get the most tender chicken breasts ever!
- Cast Iron Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese - delicious low-carb recipe that’s ready in under 30 minutes. Oh and it's topped with bacon!
Chicken Cutlets in Cast Iron Skillet
- Chicken Cutlets in Cast Iron Skillet - crispy, thin chicken cutlets coated in crushed buttery crackers, garlic and Italian seasoning. Ready in 30 minutes and only 7 ingredients!
- Perdue Italian Style Chicken Cutlets - crispy thin chicken breasts fried until golden brown served with mashed potatoes and steamed green beans.
- Chicken Cutlets with Spinach - pan fried thin chicken cutlets served over warm tomatoes and sauteed spinach.
How to Clean Cast Iron Skillets
A lot of people are intimidated cooking with cast iron pans because they don’t know how to clean and care for them properly. Check out my post on How to Care and Clean and even Season a Cast Iron Pan in the post I wrote a few years ago. You’ll soon be enjoying and using these wonderful pans as much as I do.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Below are just a few items I love to use when cooking chicken in cast iron pans and skillets.
4 Pieces Breading Trays SetStainless-Steel Breading TraysThe Pioneer Woman Baking DishDigital Instant Read Meat Thermometer KitchenMeat Tenderizer, Heavy Duty Hammer MalletPre-Seasoned Cast Iron Skillet Set 3-PieceSilicone Hot Handle Holder, 4 Pack2PCS Bamboo Palm Dish Scrub Brush,