Chicken Cutlets in Cast Iron Skillet - crispy, thin chicken cutlets coated in crushed buttery crackers, garlic and Italian seasoning. This is another one of our easy Chicken Cutlets Recipes that comes together in 30 minutes.
With only seven ingredients, it's perfect for dinner tonight!
For our Chicken Cutlets in Cast Iron Skillet, I served steamed broccoli with noodles and Alfredo sauce...from a jar! Yes, that's an easy tip on how I like to get dinner on the table fast!
If you need more ideas on what to serve alongside chicken recipes, check out my recipes featured here in Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlet Recipes.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
- Chicken Cutlets – try to make sure the chicken cutlets are very similar in size so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Ritz Crackers – the secret behind this recipe is using buttery Ritz crackers and not bread crumbs.
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
Cooking Tip: In order to get dinner on the table FAST, you need thin chicken cutlets. Please follow my detailed list of instructions with step-by-step photos listed in my Chicken Cutlet Mayonnaise Recipe.
Step 1: Prep the Chicken
- Follow my step-by-step photos on how I make thin chicken cutlets in my Chicken Cutlet Mayonnaise Recipe.
- Place the Ritz crackers in a ziplock baggie and using a meat mallet or rolling pin, crush the crackers into crumbs.
- Dip the chicken cutlets in the beaten eggs, and then into the crushed Ritz cracker crumbs.
Step 2: How to Brown the Chicken Cutlets
- Heat the butter and oil in a cast iron skillet or heavy skillet. I love my cast iron skillet from Lodge.
- Brown the chicken cutlets on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 3: Baking Instructions
- Now add the cast iron skillet to a 425 degree oven and continue cooking the chicken until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- You can see how my thermometer is showing the correct cooked internal temperature.
Step 4: Serving Tips
- Serve alongside mashed potatoes, homemade mac and cheese, wild rice or buttered noodles. A side salad with homemade ranch dressing would be great with this recipe.
- If it’s summer time and you have access to fresh tomatoes, I would definitely serve my Fresh Tomato Salad.
- Even though Twice Baked Potatoes take a little longer than 30 minutes, they would be a great way to dress up the recipe. Especially if you add cooked bacon to the top.
Look how crispy the Ritz cracker crumbs cooked on the chicken cutlets. And because we start with thin chicken cutlets, dinner is ready fast. My chicken was completely cooked in 20 minutes!
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTION
You'll need about 25 crackers to make one cup of cracker crumbs. There are 35 crackers in one sleeve of Ritz Crackers.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Ready for more great recipes? Try these other Chicken Cutlet Recipes:
- 4 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place the Ritz crackers inside a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Add the cracker crumbs to a shallow baking dish along with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add the beaten eggs to another shallow baking dish.
- Dip the thin chicken cutlets in the eggs and then immediately in the cracker crumbs.
- Heat the oil and butter in the bottom of a heavy cast iron skillet.
- Add the chicken cutlets and cook for a few minutes on each side or until browned on each side.
- Place the cast iron skillet in a preheated 400 degree oven and continue to cook until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
For tips on how to get thin chicken cutlets, please see my step-by-step photo instructions in the Chicken Cutlet Mayonnaise Recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 248mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.