Chicken Cutlets in Cast Iron Skillet - crispy, thin chicken cutlets coated in crushed buttery crackers, garlic and Italian seasoning. This is another one of our easy Chicken Cutlets Recipes that comes together in 30 minutes. With only seven ingredients, it's perfect for dinner tonight!
For our Chicken Cutlets in Cast Iron Skillet, I served steamed broccoli with noodles and Alfredo sauce...from a jar! Yes, that's an easy tip on how I like to get dinner on the table fast!
If you need more ideas on what to serve alongside chicken recipes, check out my recipes featured here in Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlet Recipes.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Lodge cast iron pan - this is my favorite one from Lodge.
- Digital Meat Thermometer - I use this for so many recipes. It's perfect for checking the temperature of water for proofing yeast for homemade bread recipes like my Amish Homemade Bread Recipe.
- Meat mallet - After years of using my measuring cup, I finally broke down and purchased one!
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Chicken Cutlets – try to make sure the chicken cutlets are very similar in size so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Ritz Crackers – the secret behind this recipe is using buttery Ritz crackers and not bread crumbs.
- Garlic Powder
- Italian Seasoning
Cooking Tip: In order to get dinner on the table FAST, you need thin chicken cutlets. Please follow my detailed list of instructions with step-by-step photos listed in my Chicken Cutlet Mayonnaise Recipe.
Step 1: Prep the Chicken
Follow my step-by-step photos on how I make thin chicken cutlets in my Chicken Cutlet Mayonnaise Recipe.
Place the Ritz crackers in a ziplock baggie and using a meat mallet or rolling pin, crush the crackers into crumbs.
Dip the chicken cutlets in the beaten eggs, and then into the crushed Ritz cracker crumbs.
Step 2: How to Brown the Chicken Cutlets
Heat the butter and oil in a cast iron skillet or heavy skillet. I love my cast iron skillet from Lodge. Brown the chicken cutlets on each side for about 2 to 3 minutes.
Step 3: Baking Instructions
Now add the cast iron skillet to a 425 degree oven and continue cooking the chicken until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees. You can see how my thermometer is showing the correct cooked internal temperature.
Step 4: Serving Tips
If it’s summer time and you have access to fresh tomatoes, I would definitely serve my Fresh Tomato Salad.
Even though Twice Baked Potatoes take a little longer than 30 minutes, they would be a great way to dress up the recipe. Especially if you add cooked bacon to the top.
Look how crispy the Ritz cracker crumbs cooked on the chicken cutlets. And because we start with thin chicken cutlets, dinner is ready fast. My chicken was completely cooked in 20 minutes!
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
You'll need about 25 crackers to make one cup of cracker crumbs. There are 35 crackers in one sleeve of Ritz Crackers.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Ready for more great recipes? Try these other Chicken Cutlet Recipes:
- 4 thinly sliced chicken cutlets
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Place the Ritz crackers inside a plastic bag and crush them using a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Add the cracker crumbs to a shallow baking dish along with the Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
- Add the beaten eggs to another shallow baking dish.
- Dip the thin chicken cutlets in the eggs and then immediately in the cracker crumbs.
- Heat the oil and butter in the bottom of a heavy cast iron skillet.
- Add the chicken cutlets and cook for a few minutes on each side or until browned on each side.
- Place the cast iron skillet in a preheated 400 degree oven and continue to cook until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
- Remove from oven and serve immediately.
For tips on how to get thin chicken cutlets, please see my step-by-step photo instructions in the Chicken Cutlet Mayonnaise Recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 248mgSodium: 407mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 35g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.