Cast Iron Chicken, Broccoli and Cheese, not to mention topped with BACON, makes a delicious low-carb recipe that's ready in under 30 minutes. This is one of our Top Family Favorite Chicken Recipes that's a great addition to your family's weekly meal plan. Let me show you how to make this one pan meal everyone is going to love!
I love preparing Cast Iron Skillet Chicken Recipes for my family. A cast iron pan is my favorite for cooking! Everything tastes amazing and cleanup is easy too.
Make sure you read my post on How to Clean and Care for Cast Iron Pans to see how to properly care for your cast iron pans.
If you love easy recipes where you basically throw everything in the pan, bake and serve, you're going to love this delicious Cast Iron Chicken and Broccoli recipe. Oh and did I mention there's bacon in the recipe? AND it cooks in 30 minutes?
If you're looking for a more basic, simple chicken recipe, make sure you check out the recipe for Cast Iron Pan Roasted Chicken Breasts.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
- Lodge cast iron pan - this one is my favorite.
- Cast Iron Silicone Holder - just remember you can't put the silicone holder in the oven! Treat as you would a traditional pot holder.
- One of the easiest ways to clean cast iron pans is to use a cast iron chainmail scrubber. It looks a little strange, but trust me, this works!
- Digital Meat Thermometer
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Boneless, skinless, chicken breasts - using this type of chicken will make sure dinner is ready fast.
- Cream cheese - sliced
- Bacon - cooked and diced
- Cheddar Cheese - shredded
- Broccoli florets - par-boiled
- Oil - just enough to coat the bottom of the cast iron pan. I used about one tablespoon for this recipe. My cast iron pan is seasoned really nicely and doesn't need much oil, so keep that in mind when you prepare this recipe, you might need a little more oil.
- Salt and pepper - I like to use my House Seasoning Blend which is a combination of salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Step 1: Cook the Broccoli
In a microwaveable- safe bowl, cook the broccoli florets for about four minutes. You do not want them fully cooked as they will finish cooking in the oven.
Step 2: Cook the Chicken
Over medium heat, allow the cast iron pan to warm up and then spread a little of the oil over the bottom. Add the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and allow them to brown for 1 to 2 minutes. Then add the sliced cream cheese to the tops of each chicken breast.
Step 3: Add the Cooked Broccoli, Cheese and Bacon
Add the broccoli florets and spread them around the chicken breasts. Then add the cheddar cheese followed by the chopped bacon.
Step 4: Continue Cooking Chicken in Oven
Add the cast iron pan to a preheated 385 degree oven to continue cooking for uncovered, for about 20-30 minutes. The cooking time will depend on the thickness of your chicken breasts. Mine was ready in 25 minutes.
Step 5: How do I know chicken is cooked?
Whenever you're cooking chicken, it's always best to use an Instant read Digital Thermometer to make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Step 6: What to serve with Cast Iron Chicken
Here are a few family favorite side dishes that go great with this recipe:
- German Creamy Cucumber Salad - my Oma's recipe that I recreated to taste almost as delicious as hers!
- Fiesta Corn Salad - if you can get fresh corn, use it! If not, frozen corn works just as great with this salad.
- Twice Baked Potatoes - my son's favorite potato recipe.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Like this recipe? Try these other Cast Iron Skillet favorites:
- 4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 4 ounces cream cheese; sliced
- 6 strips of bacon, cooked and diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese; shredded
- 2 cups broccoli florets; par-cooked
- 1 tbsp. oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a microwaveable- safe bowl, cook the broccoli florets for about four minutes. You do not want them fully cooked as they will finish cooking in the oven.
- Over medium heat, allow the cast iron pan to warm up and then spread a little of the oil over the bottom. Add the boneless, skinless chicken breasts and allow them to brown for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Then add the sliced cream cheese to the tops of each chicken breast.
- Add the broccoli florets and spread them around the chicken breasts.
- Then add the cheddar cheese followed by the chopped bacon.
- Bake uncovered in a preheated 385 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Cooking time will depend on how thick the chicken breasts are, which is why it's important to check the internal temperature and make sure it reaches 165 degrees.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 551Total Fat: 33gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 176mgSodium: 759mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 53g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.