Cheesecake Cupcakes have a smooth creamy texture with a delicious buttery graham cracker crust. This easy dessert is filled with everything you love in cheesecake, only in a smaller portion cupcake size. They're the perfect for any dessert table or celebration!
I adapted this recipe from my mother's famous full-sized cheesecake recipe that she's been making for over 40 years for our family.
This recipe is a little unusual as it's cheesecake cupcakes with sour cream topping, but don't let the "sour cream" fool you. These are sweet, delicious cupcakes!
For my daughter's high school graduation party, I made 100 of these cupcakes. I also made a ton of these cupcakes for my mother's 80th birthday party celebration. They're easy to make and look beautiful on any dessert table.
Not only do they look great on a dessert table, they go fast! You'll want to make sure you put a few aside so you make sure you get to enjoy them.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Tips for Making Graham Cracker Crust:
- This recipe calls for a graham cracker crust.
- You can purchase graham cracker crumbs in a box at the grocery store or you can make your own by crushing graham crackers.
- I like to crush graham crackers by placing them in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin, pound away at them and work out some aggression.
- Or you can use a food processor. About 5 graham cracker sheets will make one cup of graham cracker crumbs.
Tips for Baking Cheesecake Cupcakes:
Cheesecake can be intimidating to some people. It was for me the first time I made it, which is why making cheesecake cupcakes is easy!
So here are a few helpful tips all of us can follow to have a delicious cheesecake to enjoy for family and friends:
- Make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature.
- It also helps to make sure the eggs are also at room temperature.
- Try very hard not to over-mix the batter.
- Always, always, always spray the cupcake liners with non-stick cooking spray before filling. This will really help release the cupcakes from the liners when they have finished baking. This tip works great even if you're making traditional cupcakes or even muffins.
Main Ingredients Needed:
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
This recipe should make 24 cupcakes. Of course, that depends on the size of your muffin pan and how full you fill them, etc.
For the crust:
- Graham crackers
- Melted butter
For the cheesecake filling:
- Cream cheese; room temperature
- 2 eggs
For the sour cream topping:
- Sour cream
Step 1 | Make the Graham Cracker Crust
to begin, place the graham crackers in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin pound them into fine crumbs. If you don't have graham crackers in the house, you can use Vanilla Wafer Cookies.
Next, combine the crumbs with the melted butter and sugar.
Step 2 | Fill the Cupcake Liners
- Line your muffin pan or cupcake pan with paper cupcake liners.
- Spray the paper cupcake liners with non-stick cooking spray and then add about a tablespoon of the graham cracker crumb mixture to the bottom. You can use the back of a spoon or juice glass to press down the crumbs.
- However, what I really like using is my tart tamper. You may have seen me use it before with my mini quiche recipe.
Step 3 | Make the Cream Cheese Filling
- Add the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs to a mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, combine until the mixture is smooth.
- Then continue by pouring the mixture into each cupcake holder that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, filling them about ⅔ of the way.
- It helps to use a cookie scoop to add the cream cheese filling to the top the graham cracker crumbs.
Step 4 | Baking Instructions
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 20 minutes.
- While they are baking, prepare the sour cream topping.
- Combine the sour cream and ⅓ cup sugar in a medium sized bowl.
- Using an electric mixer, blend until smooth and creamy.
Step 5 | Sour Cream Topping
- After the cupcakes have baked for about 20 minutes, remove the trays from the oven.
- Add the sour cream topping to the top of each cheesecake muffin. Return the trays to the oven and continue to bake for an additional 8 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the refrigerator until they become firm enough to stand alone when paper cupcake liner is peeled away.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
A few more delicious Cheesecake Recipes:
Yes, I love cheesecake!
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries
- Chocolate Bliss Cheesecake
- Mini Nutella Swirl Cheesecake
- Cheesecake Chocolate Chip Muffins - is it a muffin or a cupcake? You decide!
- No Bake Cheesecake Pudding Parfaits - perfect for summer because these are no bake!
Ingredients for the crust:
- 16 Graham Crackers
- ¼ lb. melted butter
- ¼ cup sugar
Ingredients for the cheesecake filling:
- 16 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- I!ngredients for the sour cream topping:
- 1 pint sour cream
- ⅓ cup sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F.
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- In a medium sized bowl pulverize the graham crackers.
- Stir the melted butter and ¼ cup sugar into the crackers.
- Put a tablespoon of the mixture into each cupcake holder.
- Press firmly and evenly on the bottom using either the back of a juice glass or a measuring spoon.
For the Cream Cheese Layer:
- Combine cream cheese, eggs, ½ cup sugar, and vanilla in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour mixture into each cupcake holder that's been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, filling them about ⅔ of the way.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the oven and add the sour cream topping.
For the Sour Cream Layer:
- Combine the sour cream and ⅓ cup sugar in a medium sized bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture over the baked cheesecakes, filling each cupcake holder completely.
- Continue baking for an additional 8 minutes.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool in the refrigerator until they become firm enough to stand alone when paper holder is peeled away.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 170mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 3g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2012 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Cupcakes for Cupcake Lovers Day!
Are you looking for even more cupcake recipes? Check out these other yummy recipes from a few other food bloggers:
Hosted by Valentina | The Baking Fairy
- Vegan Birthday Cake Oreo Cupcakes by The Baking Fairy
- Avocado Cupcakes with Lime Frosting by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Cupcakes by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Busy Bee Honey Vanilla Cupcakes by For The Love of Food
- Butter Pecan Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Cheesecake Cupcakes by Walking on Sunshine Recipes
- Cherry Limeade Cupcakes by That Recipe Chocolate Irish Cream Cupcakes with Irish Cream Frosting by Daily Dish Recipes
- Cookies & Cream Cupcakes by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Cupcakes with Dulce de Leche Frosting by Cooking for my Soul
- Creamsicle Cupcakes by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Gluten Free Rocky Road Cupcakes by Frugal & Fit
- Honey Lemon's HoneyBee Cupcakes by Simply Inspired Meals
- Lemon Cupcakes with Coconut Frosting by The Olive Blogger
- Lost Princess Cupcakes by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Lemon Lavender Blackberry Cupcakes by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Orange You Glad Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Cupcakes by The Beard and The Baker
- Pineapple Coconut Cupcakes by Crumb Top Baking
- Pink Lemonade Cupcakes by Bowl Me Over
- Pudding Pop Cupcakes by Nik Snacks
- Small Batch Chocolate Cupcakes with Cookie Dough Frosting by Join Us, Pull Up a Chair
- Strawberry Basil Cupcakes with Chocolate Balsamic Frosting by The Spiffy Cookie
- Sweet Summertime Cupcakes by Cooking with Carlee
- Strawberry Cupcakes by Confessions of a Baking Queen
- Vanilla Bourbon Bacon Cupcakes by Our Good Life
- Vegan Red Velvet Cupcakes by Simple Family Crazy Life
- Watermelon Themed Cake & Cupcakes by The Mandatory Mooch
- White Chocolate Truffle Cupcakes by Triple Chocolate Kitchen