Looking for an easy and affordable DIY Christmas gift idea? Why not make a Christmas cookie mix in a mason jar?
This is a great project for kids to help with, and it makes a sweet and festive gift that anyone will love. Plus, it's so simple to put together that you can easily make several jars for all of your friends and family.
Everything you need to give the gift of cookies this year is included below...even FREE printable gift tags!
Check out all the other Mason Jar Gift Ideas for even more delicious recipes to give as gifts this holiday season.
Have you ever wanted to give a homemade Christmas cookies but didn't have time to bake? Well, I have the perfect solution for you!
Make a Christmas cookie mix in a mason jar. It's easy to do and your recipient will love it! Plus, it's a great way to get the kids involved in putting together teacher gifts!
This recipe was inspired by other Cookie Mason Gift Ideas
Table of Contents
💭Mason Jar Cookies
This holiday season, give the gift of homemade cookies without actually doing any baking! This is a unique and thoughtful present that will be sure to impress. Plus, it's super easy to make.
Simply gather up the dry ingredients to your favorite easy cookie recipe and then layer them in a Mason jar. Be sure to include hand-written instructions for how to add the wet ingredients and baking instructions.
You can even get creative with the packaging by decorating the jar with ribbon or festive stickers. Your friends and family will appreciate the delicious treats, and they'll also appreciate your thoughtfulness.
💭Cookies in a jar recipes with printable tags
This recipe comes with printable tags, so all you need to do is add the ingredients to a jar and give it as a gift. However, if you wanted to prepare a different cookie recipe, you can easily create your own hand-made instruction tag or gift tag.
If you love using mason jars to put together gift ideas, check out my other ideas such as Mason Jar Hot Chocolate Gift and Homemade Bulk Pancake Mix. Both ideas come with printable gifts tags as well.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
📋Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour with the baking soda and salt.
- Add to the bottom of a 32 ounce size mason jar.
Step 2 | Layer the Ingredients
- Begin adding the remaining ingredients on top of the flour mixture.
- Use a wide mouth funnel to keep things neat.
Step 3 | Seal the Mason Jar
- Seal the mason jar with the lid that it came with.
- You can use the traditional lids and rings or find these pretty colored lids that are fun for the holidays.
Step 4 | Christmas cookies in a jar & free printable
- Print out the free printable gift tag and add it to the jar using pretty ribbon.
Step 5 | How to Bake the Cookies
- When you recipient is ready to bake the cookies, all they have to do is follow the instructions on the printable gift tag.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
💭Free Printable Gift Tags
Once you download the gift tags, you'll be able to print out the labels to use when you make your own mason jar gift.
- I recommend printing the labels on card stock paper for the gift tags.
- Cut out the gift tags and attach them using red and white twine. You now have a great hostess gift ready for all your holiday gift-giving needs.
- You can use this recipe any time of year and change out the red and green M&Ms with regular colored M&Ms or use Valentine's Day colored M&Ms.
- Add chopped walnuts as one of the layers if you enjoy nuts in your cookies.
- Check out my other recipe for Mason Jar Sugar Cookie Mix. If you want to give another type of recipe in a jar gift, try this Blackberry Jam Recipe.
- Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar should keep for 4 weeks as long as the jar is sealed completely.
My Favorite Mason Jars: Perfect for Christmas Snack Mixes! Ideal for sliced fruits and vegetables, pickles, tomato-based juices, and sauces. BPA-free, dishwasher safe, reusable. New and improved sure tight lids.
Dry Ingredients for the 32 ounce Mason Jar:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¾ cup red and green M&Ms
Wet Ingredients to Bake Cookies:
- ½ cup butter; softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Put together mason jar:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the bottom of the a 32 ounce size mason jar.
- Add the granulated sugar on top.
- Then add the brown sugar.
- Top with the chocolate chips followed by the red and green M&Ms.
- Seal the jar with the lid.
- Cut out the free printable gift tag and attach to the jar with pretty ribbon.
To bake cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat together the butter, egg and vanilla extract.
- Pour in the mason jar ingredients and mix until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop and place cookies on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Makes 18 - 24 cookies.
For best results, print the gift tag out on card stock.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 106Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 118mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.