It's that time of year again! time to start thinking about Christmas gifts for friends and family. If you're looking for something unique and homemade, look no further than my mason jar sugar cookie mix recipe.
Simply layer the ingredients in a mason jar, attach the FREE printable tag with the recipe, and you have a Christmas gift that is sure to please anyone on your list.
Check out all the other Mason Jar Gift Ideas for even more delicious recipes to give as gifts this holiday season.
These easy-to-make christmas gifts are both delicious and festive. Cookie Mix Gift Ideas make great Christmas gifts for teachers, neighbors, and coworkers.
They're also a wonderful way to show your loved ones how much you care.
Looking for more ideas on gifts to make for the holidays? Check out my new Mason Jar Gift Ideas eBook or my Christmas Trail Mix in a Jar recipe.
Table of Contents
Looking for more Mason Jar Mix Recipes? Try my Brownie Mix in a Jar, Mason Jar Hot Chocolate or my Bulk Pancake Mix.
💭Easy sugar cookie recipe
Looking for an easy cookie recipe to make this holiday season? Look no further! This easy sugar cookie recipe are always a hit with family and friends.
Best of all, they make great Christmas gifts! Just be sure to bake a few extras for yourself - these cookies are so delicious, you won't be able to resist!
For this recipe I used a packaged sugar cookie mix because I wanted to make Christmas gifts for family and friends fast and EASY. If you want to use a homemade recipe, try my Easy Sugar Cookie Recipe.
Simply layer the dry ingredients in the mason jar and then seal the jar. Add the free printable gift tag and you have a fun gift!
💭Air Fryer Sugar Cookies
Baking cookies in an air fryer is a quick and easy way to enjoy fresh, warm cookies without having to turn on the oven.
The key to success is to start with a good recipe and then follow a few simple tips:
- When baking cookies in the air fryer, it is important to preheat the appliance and use a light coat of cooking spray.
- Cook for six minutes or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack before serving. With a little practice, anyone can master the art of baking sugar cookies in the air fryer.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cookie dough according to your recipe or favorite mix.
- Scoop the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, and use a fork to press down on each cookie to flatten it slightly.
- Be sure to leave enough space between cookies so that they have room to spread while baking.
- Place the cookies in the preheated air fryer, and bake for eight minutes or until golden brown.
Enjoy your fresh-baked cookies while they're still warm! Check out my recipe for Air Fryer Peanut Butter Cookies for more tips.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
More InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore InformationMore Information
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1 | Prepare the Mason Jar
- Add the entire sugar cookie into a 24 ounce size mason jar.
- There's no need to compress the cookie mix.
- Seal the mason jar with the lid and ring.
Step 2 | Add the Free Printable Gift Tag
- Print out the free gift tag and punch a hole through one corner using a hole punch.
- Attach the gift tag along with a cookie cutter to the mason jar.
How to make sugar cookies
- When your gift recipient is ready to make the cookies, all they need to do is follow the directions listed on the gift tag.
- They can use the cookie cutter you attached or their favorite.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- You could add a small mason jar filled with fun stir-in's like chocolate chips, red and green M&Ms or even fun sprinkles for Christmas.
- Check out my other recipe for Christmas Cookie Mix in a Jar.
- Make sure you check out my Easter Treats for Kids if you're looking for ideas for Spring.
- The jars should last up to 6 months if stored in a cool, dark place.
- You could even prep the jars a few weeks ahead of time before you want to give them as gifts. Although the layers might start to settle down on top of each other and not look as pretty.
💭Top Recipe Tip
- Use a wide mouth funnel to help you get everything in the mason jars without making a mess.
💭Free Printable Gift Tags
Once you download the gift tags, you'll be able to print out the labels to use when you make your own mason jar gift.
- I recommend printing the labels on card stock paper for the gift tags. Regular printer paper will be fine for the baking instructions.
- Cut out the gift tags and attach them using red and white twine. You now have a great hostess gift ready for all your holiday gift-giving needs.
Mason Jar Sugar Cookie Mix Recipe
A Christmas gift that is sure to please anyone on your list is this mason jar sugar cookie mix recipe along with FREE printable gift tag!
- 1 package (17.5 ounces) Sugar Cookie Mix
To prepare the Cookies
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- Add the entire package of sugar cookie mix into a 24 ounce size mason jar.
- No need to compress the cookie mix.
- Seal the mason jar.
- Secure the gift tag with baking instructions with a ribbon and cookie cutter.
When your gift recipient is ready to bake the cookies, all they need to do is add the wet ingredients listed on the gift tag and bake according to the directions on the gift tag as well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 48Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 0g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
Holly N. says
Hey there. Just curious on the size of the Mason jar needed for this? Super cute idea!
You can use a 24 ounce size jar. Thank you for visiting.
Lynne Zemaitis says
Such a simple, budget-friendly and festive homemade gift! I am excited to feature your post at this week's Tuesday Turn About. Thank you so much for sharing!