It doesn't take a lot of work to make something cute for your family to celebrate Valentine's Day. These heart shaped brownies are easy to make and taste delicious too!
I put together a few easy and Valentine's Day Recipes for you to make for your family to show them how much you love them this year. For the past few years I have tried to make something heart shaped for my family.
Valentine's Day will be here before you know it and what better way to celebrate LOVE with your family than by making some really cute heart shaped brownies.
One year I even made heart shaped homemade rolls. They didn't look very much like hearts, but my son said they were still delicious. And you know what? That's all that really matters. Making something fun for your family to celebrate Valentine's Day.
You can use a regular boxed Brownie mix or you can make a homemade recipe like the one I posted a few years ago.
You simply can't celebrate Valentine's Day without having dessert. Here are a few of my favorite desserts to prepare and serve:
Valentine's Day Gift Tags
The perfect homemade treat for Valentine’s Day deserves really cute cards and gift tags. Check out a few of my favorites:
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters
- Heart Shaped Cake Pans
- Heart Shaped Mold - this would be great for cupcakes!
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Box Brownie Mix
- Powdered Sugar
- Valentine's Day Sprinkles
- Bake the brownies according to the directions.
- Allow the brownies to cool and then and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut into cute heart shapes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and sprinkles right before serving.
And if you don't have the time to make any heart shaped treats, these Chocolate Hearts always work for my husband. And how easy does Amazon make things these days?
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 - 18.5 ounce size brownie mix
- ¼ cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Stir browni mix, water, oil and eggs in a bowl until combined.
- Spread mixture in a 9X13 pan that's been lined with parchment paper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before gently lifting the ends of the parchment paper. Place on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Gently press heart shaped cookie cutters into the cooled brownies.
- Decorate with powdered sugar and sprinkles if desired.
Make sure the brownies are completely cooled before cutting out shapes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 204Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 116mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2019 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!