Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies are perfect for Valentine's Day or all year long when you want to show someone how much you love them.
Everyone loves warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. And I know they're going to love this Valentine's Day Recipe that's made into cute heart shapes.
I think you'll agree that most everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. This easy cookie recipe is perfect to bring to school parties or church gatherings.
Easy Valentine's Day Recipes
You could even make these heart shaped chocolate chip cookies for a bridal or baby shower. Or maybe you want to throw a tea party for a special little girl in your life? These would be so cute!
These heart shaped cookies are the perfect dessert for Homemade Heart Shaped Pizza with heart shaped pepperoni slices to serve for Valentine's Day.
Table of Contents
Cut Out Chocolate Chip Cookies
These heart shaped cookies start out with a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe like my Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Recipe that you find on the back of any bag of chocolate chip morsels.
My Jumbo Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is another great option for these cute heart shaped chocolate chip cookies.
One of the things I like best about making bar cookies is that they're thicker than a traditional cookie. Almost like a brownie, but filled with the delicious flavor of chocolate chip cookies.
If you haven't tried making these bar cookies, now is the perfect time! And the good news is if you're looking for a semi-homemade version to make, try my Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe that start out with a box of cake mix.
Even the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe would work great
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
Step 1: Prepare the Cookie Dough
- In the bowl of KitchenAid mixer add the butter, both sugars and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy and then add the eggs one at a time.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter, sugar and eggs mixture a little at a time.
- Finally stir in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the cookie dough into a 9X13 inch pan that's been lined with Parchment Baking Sheets. This will help "lift" the bar cookies out of the pan after they have baked so it's easier for you to cut the heart shapes.
Step 2: Baking Instructions
- Bake the bar cookies in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on top of a baking rack before gently lifting the cookie bar entirely out of the baking dish.
- Place on top of a cutting board and start cutting out the heart shapes.
How to use a Cookie Cutter on Chocolate Chip Cookies
- The size cookie cutter you use is really up to you! I think it looks really nice to have a variety of sizes but one size is good too.
- When placing the cookie cutter on top of the baked bar cookies, try to position the cookie cutter as close together as possible. You can even alternate the cookie cutter up and down so you don't have so much waste...although I like to call that the "cook's treat."
- Here are some great cookie cutters to choose from:
Decorating Cut Out Chocolate Chip Cookies
Using a chocolate drizzle bottle, drizzle melted chocolate across the hearts to add extra flavor to the cookies. You could also add Valentine's Day Sprinkles on top of the melted chocolate.
I like to use almond bark or candy melts to drizzle on top.
Before You Begin!
If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Heart Shaped Treats
- Valentines Day Ice Cream Floats
- Puff Pastry Hearts filled with Chocolate Pudding
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Valentine's Day Swirl Cookies
- Heart Shaped Oreo Truffles
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Baking soda; 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter, 1 cup softened
- Granulated sugar, ¾ cup
- Brown sugar,¾ cup packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a 9X13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before gently lifting the cookie bar out of the pan with the parchment baking sheets.
- Cut out the shapes using the heart shaped cookie cutters.
- Depending on the size of the cookie cutter you can get anywhere from 12 to 16 heart shapes.
- I think it's fun to use different size cookie cutters.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2018 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!