Heart Shaped Chocolate Chip Cookies - perfect for Valentine's Day or all year long when you want to show someone how much you love them. Everyone loves warm chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven. And I know they're going to love this easy cookie recipe that's made into cute heart shapes.
I think you'll agree that most everyone loves chocolate chip cookies. These cookies are perfect to bring to school parties or church gatherings.
You could even make these heart shaped chocolate chip cookies for a bridal or baby shower. Or maybe you want to throw a tea party for a special little girl in your life? These would be so cute!
These heart shaped cookies are the perfect dessert for Homemade Heart Shaped Pizza with heart shaped pepperoni slices to serve for Valentine's Day.
VALENTINE’S DAY GIFT TAGS
The perfect homemade treat for Valentine’s Day deserves really cute cards and gift tags. Check out a few of my favorites:
Cut Out Chocolate Chip Cookies
These heart shaped cookies start out with a traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe like my Chocolate Chip Skillet Cookie Recipe that you find on the back of any bag of chocolate chip morsels.
My Jumbo Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe is another great option for these cute heart shaped chocolate chip cookies.
One of the things I like best about making bar cookies is that they're thicker than a traditional cookie. Almost like a brownie, but filled with the delicious flavor of chocolate chip cookies.
If you haven't tried making these bar cookies, now is the perfect time! And the good news is if you're looking for a semi-homemade version to make, try my Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe that start out with a box of cake mix.
Even the Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars Recipe would work great
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- Baking Soda
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla Extract
- Chocolate Chips - I used semi-sweet, but you can use milk chocolate if that's what you enjoy.
Step 1: Prepare the Cookie Dough
In the bowl of KitchenAid mixer add the butter, both sugars and vanilla extract. Beat until creamy and then add the eggs one at a time.
Combine the flour, baking soda and salt together in a small bowl. Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter, sugar and eggs mixture a little at a time.
Finally stir in the chocolate chips. Spread the cookie dough into a 9X13 inch pan that's been lined with Parchment Baking Sheets. This will help "lift" the bar cookies out of the pan after they have baked so it's easier for you to cut the heart shapes.
Step 2: Baking Instructions
Bake the bar cookies in a preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on top of a baking rack before gently lifting the cookie bar entirely out of the baking dish.
Place on top of a cutting board and start cutting out the heart shapes.
How to use a Cookie Cutter on Chocolate Chip Cookies
The size cookie cutter you use is really up to you! I think it looks really nice to have a variety of sizes but one size is good too.
When placing the cookie cutter on top of the baked bar cookies, try to position the cookie cutter as close together as possible. You can even alternate the cookie cutter up and down so you don't have so much waste...although I like to call that the "cook's treat."
Here are some great cookie cutters to choose from:
Decorating Cut Out Chocolate Chip Cookies
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Try these other Valentine's Day Recipes:
- Heart Shaped Treats
- Valentines Day Ice Cream Floats
- Puff Pastry Hearts filled with Chocolate Pudding
- Heart Shaped Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- Valentine's Day Swirl Cookies
- Heart Shaped Oreo Truffles
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- Baking soda; 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Butter, 1 cup softened
- Granulated sugar, ¾ cup
- Brown sugar,¾ cup packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl and set aside.
- Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Line a 9X13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Spread cookie dough into prepared pan.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before gently lifting the cookie bar out of the pan with the parchment baking sheets.
- Cut out the shapes using the heart shaped cookie cutters.
- Depending on the size of the cookie cutter you can get anywhere from 12 to 16 heart shapes.
- I think it's fun to use different size cookie cutters.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 465Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 72mgSodium: 422mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 2gSugar: 40gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.