No Bake Homemade Peanut Butter Bars that taste just like the peanut butter cups you buy in the store. Let me show you how easy it is to make homemade peanut butter bars that taste just like the ones you buy in the grocery store. This recipe is sure to become a family favorite just like my family favorite Peanut Butter Cookies from a Cake Mix!
What is your favorite candy? My family LOVES Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, which is probably why we love this no-bake peanut butter bars recipe so much. We have consumed a lot of peanut butter cups over the years. My husband and son love to enjoy them straight from the freezer most of the time.
This recipe is very similar to the Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Eggs I like to share with you around Easter. But you can use any type of cookie cutter to get cute fun shapes.
This is such an easy recipe to put together as well. As a matter of fact, the only thing complicated about this recipe is you need to be patient. You have to wait for each layer to chill before continuing with the recipe.
Helpful Baking Tools
- 9X13 baking pan
- Measuring cups
- Glass batter bowl – make sure you use a microwave-safe bowl to melt the chocolate.
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
Peanut Butter Layer:
- Melted Butter
- Powdered sugar
- Creamy peanut butter
- Graham cracker crumbs – about 12 full graham cracker sheets.
- Milk chocolate chips or Semi-sweet chocolate chips. I have made this recipe using both and while I do prefer the milk chocolate chips, semi-sweet work great too.
- Creamy peanut butter – yes, more peanut butter!
Directions for the Peanut Butter Layer
In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the peanut butter layer.
Then press the mixture into the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan. Place the baking dish in the refrigerator so it can chill for about an hour before adding the second layer.
You can choose to line the baking dish with a piece of parchment paper to help remove the bars. I’ve done it both ways as you can see from the photo at the top of this post.
Directions for the Chocolate Layer
In a microwavable-safe bowl, combine the peanut butter and chocolate chips. Heat in one minute intervals until everything is melted and smooth.
After about an hour of chilling the first layer, spread the second layer of the melted chocolate with peanut butter. Then place them back in the refrigerator to chill another hour or so before slicing.
How to Slice and Serve
This recipe needs to be chilled completely in order to slice perfectly and neatly. Homemade Peanut Butter Bars are the perfect treat to serve to your family of peanut butter lovers!
Tips for Storing the Peanut Butter Bars
- Once the peanut butter bars are sliced, store them in an air-tight container.
- I like to put waxed paper between the layers so they don’t stick.
- Depending on the time of year, you may need to store the peanut butter bars in the refrigerator.
LIKE THIS RECIPE? TRY THESE OTHER CHOCOLATE RECIPES:
- Vanilla and Chocolate Swirl Cookies
- Chocolate Brownie Cake with Homemade Chocolate Ganache
- Homemade Brownies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies – made with a cake mix
For the Peanut Butter Layer
- 1 cup butter melted
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
For the Topping
- 2 cups milk or semi-sweet chocolate chips; see note below
- 1 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the peanut butter layer.
- Press into a 13X9 inch baking pan.
- Chill for one hour.
- Place chocolate chips and peanut butter into a microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave for one minute. Stir until melted and smooth. Repeat if necessary until all the chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour over the peanut butter layer. Chill for two hours or until firm.
- Slice and enjoy!
I have made this recipe using both milk chocolate and semi-sweet chocolate chips.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 422Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 250mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 3gSugar: 27gProtein: 9g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.