Roasted Brussels Sprouts are the perfect side dish for any meal but they're one of our favorite Easy Recipes for Thanksgiving. They're easy to make and roast after the turkey is done and waiting to be carved. Roasting vegetables is an easy way to bring out a nutty flavor. Let's take a look at this delicious vegetable.
Did you know that oven roasting brings out the best in most vegetables but one of the most favorite is Roasted Brussels Sprouts. Something happens when roast vegetables!
A few years ago I discovered how delicious they taste roasted when my neighbor brought over a bunch of Brussels sprouts freshly picked from his garden. I wasn't really too sure what to do with them so I decided to roast them in the oven.
I tossed them with olive oil, salt and pepper and after about 30 minutes of roasting, they were amazing.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Brussel Sprouts
- Vegetable Oil
- Salt and Pepper
Step 1 | Prep the Veggies
- Rinse the Brussels sprouts.
- Make sure they're clean...especially if you just harvested them from your garden.
Step 2 | Trim the Veggies
- Trim the bottoms and remove any loose outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts.
Step 3 | Season the Veggies
- Toss with olive oil, salt and pepper.
Step 4 | Baking Instructions
- Place on a baking sheet and roast in a 425 degree oven until they are golden brown and tender...about 30 minutes.
- I like to turn my broiler on for the last few minutes of baking.
- Serve warm from the oven.
- You can sprinkle with extra salt and pepper right before serving.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- 1 pound brussels sprouts
- 2 - 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil.
- Rinse and trim the brussels sprouts. You'll want to remove the outer leaves of the larger sprouts.
- In a bowl, toss the brussels sprouts with the olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place the sprouts on the baking tray and roast in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes or until the sprouts are tender; tossing after 10 minutes. You want the sprouts to get brown, but be careful they don't burn.
- You can drizzle balsamic vinegar or sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the sprouts when they're done cooking if you want.
- You can also sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of the sprouts before adding them to the oven.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2016 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!