Are you planting a herb garden this summer?
If you are, and I highly recommend you do, today we're going to discus how to use fresh herbs in cooking and recipes. Using herbs in your cooking is a great way to add a burst of fresh flavor and depth to your food.
How to Use Fresh Herbs in Cooking and Recipes
- Oregano - Breakfast Taco Roll Ups - why not enjoy these taco roll ups for breakfast which uses oregano as the seasoning. Your family will love these!
- Basil - This is one of my favorite ways to use basil. We love this recipe for Hasselback Chicken Stuffed with Mozzarella, Tomatoes and Basil.
- Mint - is usually used for dessert or drink recipes. I think you'll enjoy it with this recipe for Gnocchi and Vegetables. Don't forget to check out my popular post on How to Properly Grow Mint in your Garden. You do need to be careful growing it as it will take over your whole garden.
- Cilantro - I only recently discovered how much I enjoy this herb! It's great in my Homemade Salsa Recipe.
- Parsley - I love to use parsley in so many recipes but none more than my recipe for Garlic Butter. It's easy to put together and you can use it for so many things. We love it in my recipe for Garlic Monkey Bread and you will too!
- Use your favorite herbs to make Homemade Salad Dressing. It's so easy to make your own salad dressing and you can adjust it by using your favorite herbs.