This Lemon Curd Cream Cheese Puff Pastry is an easy, yet impressive recipe that is perfect to serve as a breakfast idea, brunch or even an easy dessert recipe.
Made with flaky puff pastry, cream cheese filling and sweet lemon curd on top, this recipe is a show-stopper that's sure to make your family and friends think you picked it up from the bakery!
Check out all the other puff pastry recipes for even more delicious recipe ideas.
The rich and creamy texture of the cream cheese complements the sweet and tangy lemon curd. The layers of baked puff pastry puff up nicely around the filling making this a really decadent recipe.
It also looks stunning on any table setting. Making it an elegant brunch recipe, afternoon treat or a puff pastry dessert to serve after dinner.
This recipe is very similar to my Puff Pastry Braid with Lemon Cream Cheese Filling.
Table of Contents
👩🍳How to Fill Puff Pastry?
When it comes to filling puff pastry, the options are endless. You can choose either a sweet or savory filling. Once you decide which type of filling/recipe you're going to use, prepare the puff pastry.
- First, lay the puff pastry on a floured surface and cut it into the desired shape and size. You can make individual portions or larger pastries, like my Apple Cream Cheese Puff Pastry Braid.
- Once your pastry is cut, it's time to add your filling. Make sure not to overfill your pastry, as this will cause it to burst during baking.
- Once your pastry is filled, sealed and brushed with an egg wash, it's time to bake according to the recipe you're following. Most of the time that's around 20-25 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
Pastry Wheel CutterPastry Non-Stick Time-Saver Rolling PinVibrant Mixing Bowls, Ceramic Mixing Bowls for Kitchen, Colorful Nesting Bowls for Cooking, Baking, Prepping, Serving, Salad, Housewarming Gift, Microwave Dishwasher Safe, 3.7/2/1 Qt, Set of 3Bico Blue Talavera Ceramic Sugar and Cream Set, Dishwasher Safe
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- If you don't have puff pastry on hand, try using crescent roll sheet dough. The pastries won't rise as much as if you use puff pastry, but they'll still be delicious!
- You can substitute the lemon curd with strawberry or blueberry preserves. Even your favorite pie filling would work great.
- Step 1: Beat the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and a teaspoon of the vanilla together. Cut the puff pastry into 12 total rectangles, and score each with a ½ inch border so the outside will puff up higher. Use a fork to prick the insides of the rectangles to keep from rising as much.
- Step 2: Place the pastries on a baking sheet and spread the cream cheese filling evenly over the centers. Combine the egg and water to create and egg wash, and brush it onto the border of each pastry.
📌Baking Tip: The egg wash will act as glue, keeping the cream cheese filling from spilling out of the pastry during baking.
📌Quick Tip: Place the baking sheet in the freezer before baking to allow the butter in the puff pastry to get cold again and ensure a good puff!
- Bake at 400°F for 18 to 20 minutes until the pastries are puffed and golden brown.
- Spread a spoonful of lemon curd over the cream cheese layer of each pastry.
Powdered Sugar Glaze
- Combine the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and remaining vanilla to make a glaze.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled pastries.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
⏲Prep Ahead Tips
- To prepare this Lemon Curd Cream Cheese Puff Pastry ahead of time, follow instructions until time to chill the dough.
- Cover the pastries with plastic wrap and refrigerate for a few hours.
- When time to bake, follow the rest of the recipe instructions from there.
- Make sure to refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.
- This will help preserve its freshness for approximately one day.
- Puff pastry recipes, such as this one, are at their best when consumed fresh. So, remember to savor them while they're still warm and delicious!
➡️Top Recipe Tip
- Make sure to whip the cream cheese when it is at room temperature so it will be smooth.
- Use parchment paper to line the baking sheets. It helps with clean up.
- Always chill the puff pastry dough before baking to ensure a great puff and flakey layers!
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
It is a mixture of eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar, and butter. Once cooked, it becomes a creamy, tart, and sweet topping or filling.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Check out my other recipe for Puff Pastry Cream Cheese.
- Or you might enjoy this recipe for Easy Cream Cheese Danish.
- 1 (17.3 ounce) box frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 jar lemon curd
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Lay the two sheets of thawed puff pastry out flat on a clean work surface. Use a sharp knife to cut each sheet into 6 rectangles, making 12 total rectangles.
- Use the knife to score a ½ inch border around each rectangle (only cut about ½ way down into the dough). this will allow the outside ½ inch border to puff up while baking and the middle to stay flatter.
- Use a fork to prick several areas around the middle of each rectangle. This helps to keep the center from rising too much while baking.
- Place the pastries onto one large or two medium baking sheets, about 1 inch apart.
- In a medium mixing bowl, use an electric mixer to beat together the cream cheese, granulated sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla extract. Scoop the mixture onto the pastries and spread out evenly over the center area, but not onto the ½ inch border.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the egg and water. Use a pastry brush to lightly brush the egg was onto the ½ inch border of each pastry.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for 5 minutes before baking.
- Bake the pastries for 18-20 minutes until they are puffed up and golden brown. Remove from the oven and transfer the pastries to a wire cooling rack.
- While the pastries are still warm, add a dollop of lemon cured to the center of each pastry and spread out just enough to cover the cream cheese layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, heavy cream, and remaining ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract. Drizzle over the cooled pastries.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 129Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 58mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.