This lemon lime water recipe is perfect for those hot summer days when you want sparkling and refreshing non-alcoholic drinks. Staying hydrated is important, especially when the temperature rises.
Here are a few more infused water recipes to help quench your thirst.
You can make this lemon lime water recipe in a pitcher or just use a 32 ounce mason jar with lids. It’s fine to use whatever you have on hand to make this work, the end result will be delicious either way.
If you’ve never tried to make flavored water at home before, this easy recipe will get you started. Infused water is much healthier than soda or juice and it gives you all the great tastes you are looking for in a refreshing chilled drink.
What you need to make flavored water at home:
We will be using a few simple ingredients to make a flavorful and delicious lemon lime water recipe. You can adjust these ingredients to suit your tastes even use some of your own fresh herbs for added flavor.
This recipe starts with a 17.6 ounce can of your favorite coconut water. Then to add the flavor you will need fresh lemon and lime.
Most coconut water is sweetened, so if you like less sugar you can always substitute with plain sparkling or seltzer water.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- 32 ounce mason jar – with lid for easy mixing and storage.
- Mason Jar Drink Dispenser – would be fun if you wanted to make this recipe for a large gathering.
- Stainless Steel Spoon
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- 1 17.6 ounce can of coconut water
- Fresh lemon cut into slices
- Fresh lime cut into slices
This is a really easy process. If you’ve been intimidated by infused water recipes in the past…don’t be! This is a quick and easy way to make a big batch of flavored coconut water to enjoy at home.
- To get started place the lemon and lime slices in a large glass mason jar with a lid.
- Gently muddle or poke the fruit with the back of a spoon so that it will be easy for them to release their natural flavors into water.
- Cover with coconut water and place jar in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours for a good infused flavor.
- Stir it up and serve it strained or with the fruit included. It’s up to you! Just beware of those pesky fruit seeds.
Can this recipe be doubled?
Of course, it can. It can even be tripled if you want to make a large batch for a picnic or party . Lemon Lime Coconut Water would look fabulous served in a large punch bowl or Mason Jar Drink Dispenser.
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don’t forget to rate it!
Looking for even more delicious drink recipes?
- If you like bubbly water you will want to try a different kind of fruit infused recipe like this non-alcoholic lemon basil mint spritzer. This drink is so refreshing and packed with fresh flavors.
- You should try our strawberry lemonade punch recipe. It’s a simple drink with a combination of fruits, water, and lemonade mix.
- Or this homemade peach iced tea.
- Both of these drink recipes can be found with the other fresh non-alcoholic drinks that are perfect for quenching your thirst on hot summer days.
- 1 17.6 ounce can of coconut water
- 1 large fresh lemon cut into slices
- 1 large fresh lime cut into slices
- Place lemon and lime in a large glass mason jar with a lid.
- Gently muddle the fruit with the back of a spoon to release the natural flavors into the water.
- Pour the can of coconut water into the jar and place it in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours.
- Serve in a glass filled with ice, garnish with a slice of lemon and lime and enjoy!
This recipe can be doubled or even tripled! I think it would look great in a fun Mason Jar Drink Dispenser for a summer picnic.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 150Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 589mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 10gSugar: 18gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.