Who doesn't love monkey bread? The gooey, sugary treat is delicious any time of day. And now, you can enjoy it in individual servings. That's right, Mason Jar Monkey Bread made in individual serving mason jars.
Just layer the dough, sugar, and cinnamon in the jar, bake, and voila! You've got a tasty treat that's perfect for sharing (or not). So the next time you're in the mood for monkey bread, ditch the pan and try mason jars instead. You'll be glad you did.
Check out all my other Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes to enjoy for breakfast.
There's something about monkey bread that just makes it irresistible. Maybe it's the soft, fluffy dough, or the sticky sweetness of the caramel coating. Whatever the reason, this pull-apart bread is always a hit.
Well, maybe that's because this recipe combines my love of cinnamon rolls and mason jars! Who knew that would even be possible? Ooey, gooey, cinnamon rolls in a jar!
Each jar holds a single portion of monkey bread, making it the perfect treat for satisfying a sweet tooth. So the next time you're in the mood for something sweet, reach for a mason jar of monkey bread and enjoy!
Table of Contents
💭Bread in a jar
There's no need to be intimidated by the thought of baking bread from scratch however, you can also use refrigerator bread or frozen bread dough. You can easily make a loaf of delicious bread and bake it in a jar.
- Simply take a clean, dry quart-sized jar and lightly grease the sides with butter.
- Next, roll out your dough onto a floured surface and gently lift it into the jar. Be sure to tuck the dough down into the corners of the jar so that it's evenly distributed.
- Then, cover the jar with a clean towel and let it rise in a warm place for about an hour. Once the dough has doubled in size, preheat your oven to 350°F and remove the towel from the top of the jar.
- Carefully place the jar on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the bread is golden brown. Let it cool before slicing and enjoy!
Here's a fun Chocolate Chip Banana Bread in a Jar recipe to try after you make my mason jar monkey bread recipe.
💭Are mason jars oven safe?
One of the most versatile pieces of kitchenware is the humble mason jar. Mason jars can be used for everything from storing leftovers to brewing cold brew coffee.
However, one common question is whether mason jars are oven safe. The answer is yes and no. Regular mouth mason jars are not oven safe, but wide mouth mason jars are. Wide mouth mason jars have a slightly different design, with a wider opening and sturdier construction.
This makes them better suited for withstanding high temperatures. So, if you're looking to bake or roast in a mason jar, make sure to use a wide mouth jar; which is what this recipe uses. Otherwise, you run the risk of shattering the jar and making a mess in your oven.
🍽Helpful Kitchen Tools
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Pillsbury Refrigerator Biscuits
- Granulated Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Melted Butter
- Canned Vanilla Frosting
Step 1 | Prepare the Biscuits
- Cut each refrigerator biscuit into four pieces.
- Then place them in a bowl. Toss with the granulated sugar.
Step 2 | Add Cinnamon and Sugar
- Next add the ground cinnamon.
- Add the melted butter on top.
- Stir to combine so the biscuits are all evenly coated.
Step 3 | Baking Instructions
- Divide the coated biscuit pieces evenly among the clean mason jars that have been coated with non-stick baking spray.
- Bake for 18 - 20 minutes in a preheated 400°F oven or until the biscuits are fully cooked and the tops are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding the frosting.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
- When serving monkey bread for breakfast, it is often served with a fruit salad or yogurt on the side.
- If you are serving monkey bread as a dessert, it can be served with ice cream or whipped cream.
- Monkey bread can also be made ahead of time and reheated before serving.
- Garnish the monkey bread with a little cinnamon/sugar mixture or a dusting of powdered sugar.
- Store any leftover mason jar monkey bread in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Make sure you wrap them with either plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- Reheat in the microwave when ready to enjoy the leftovers.
💭Looking for more cinnamon recipes?
- 2 tubes refrigerated biscuit dough
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ½ can vanilla frosting (see note)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Clean 8 small oven-safe mason jars.
- Spray each mason jar with non-stick cooking spray.
- Open the tubes of biscuit dough and separate them.
- Cut each biscuit into four pieces and place in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add the cinnamon and sugar to a small mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add the cinnamon/sugar mixture and melted butter to the mixing bowl with the biscuit pieces. Stir together until the biscuit pieces are evenly coated.
- Divide the coated biscuit pieces evenly among the prepared mason jars.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the biscuit pieces are fully cooked and the tops are golden brown.
- Allow to cool slightly before adding the frosting.
- In a microwave safe bowl, heat the frosting for 15 seconds or until it is the consistency you desire. Using a spoon or put the frosting into a plastic bag with the tip cut off, drizzle the frosting over the tops of the baked monkey bread.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Please be careful with handling the mason jars after the biscuits have cooked. They will be HOT!
- I used half a can of regular vanilla frosting for this recipe. You can use more or less if you desire.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 314Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 283mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 32gProtein: 1g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos, information and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!