Mason Jar Apple Crisps are as cute as they are delicious! This recipe is the homemade version for my very popular Apple Dump Cake Recipe. Let’s grab a few mason jars and bake this recipe up in the oven for a portable, single-serving treat that everyone will love.
One of the very first desserts I ever made as a young married wife was apple crisp. A co-worker gave me the recipe that she swore was the best ever for apple crisp and she was right! She even had it titled “The Best Ever Apple Crisp Recipe” on the copy she gave me at lunch one day.
Apple crisp is one of my favorite recipes; especially when the weather starts getting more crisp. There’s nothing like the smell of apples baking in the kitchen brings me back to a simpler time.
This recipe for Mason Jar Apple Crisp is the best one to make if you need a dessert idea that will feed a crowd.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- One 21-ounce can apple pie filling
- Rolled Oatmeal
- Brown Sugar
- Butter, cut into small cubes
Mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
Then using two forks or a pastry blender incorporate the butter into the flour mixture until it becomes small crumbs. Set aside while you prepare the mason jars.
How to Prepare the Mason Jars
Prepare mason jars with a light butter coating to make them nonstick, and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
Spoon a few tablespoons of apple pie filling evenly into each buttered mason jar. Top each filled mason jar with the crumb topping.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until the crumb topping has browned.
Baking Tip: Be very careful when serving the mason jars directly from the oven as they will be very hot!
Frequently Asked Recipe Questions
No. You do need to be careful about putting a cold mason jar into a hot oven. The same is true if you remove the hot mason jar from the oven and place it immediately on a cold counter top.
Yes! Feel free to try blueberry, cherry, peach pie filling as an alternative to apple.
More Delicious Apple Recipes
- Best Apple Pie Recipes for Thanksgiving – you can’t have Thanksgiving without apple pie! These are some of my favorite recipes.
- Apple Dump Cake one of the most popular recipes on this blog!
- You won’t believe how easy this recipe for Apple Puff Pastry Danish is! It looks so beautiful too.
- Caramel Apple Dump Cake
- Easy Italian Apple Cake I love how beautiful this recipe is as well as tasty looking!
- One 21-ounce can apple pie filling
Ingredients for the Topping:
- 3/4 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- Mix together the flour, oats, brown sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Then using two forks incorporate the butter into the flour mixture until it becomes small crumbs.
- Set aside while you prepare the mason jars.
- Prepare mason jars with a light butter coating to make them nonstick, and line a small baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spoon a few tablespoons of apple pie filling evenly into each buttered mason jar.
- Top each filled mason jar with the crumb topping.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until the crumb topping has browned.
- Remove the mason jars from the oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream and maybe a extra sprinkle of brown sugar!
Please be careful when serving this dessert as the mason jars will be hot.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 102mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.