Looking for a fun and patriotic way to show your American pride? These red, white, and blue Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats are perfect for Independence Day, Memorial Day, or any other patriotic holiday!
Made with pre-made marshmallow treats, melted chocolate and sprinkles, these festive treats are easy to make and even easier to eat! Check out the full list of 4th of July Foods for even more desserts, appetizers and meal ideas.
Crisp, sweet, and perfect for a summer picnic, these patriotic treats are sure to be a hit with the whole family. They're great for patriotic-themed parties or potlucks.
You can even get creative and add patriotic-themed sprinkles or red, white, and blue candies. These patriotic rice krispie treats are sure to be a hit with kids and adults alike!
Table of Contents
How to make Homemade Rice Krispie Treats
While this recipe uses pre-made Rice Krispie Treats, making a homemade version is very easy:
- Start by melting some butter in a large saucepan.
- Then add in the marshmallows and stir until they're completely melted.
- Add in 6 cups of Rice Krispies cereal and stir until it's all coated with the marshmallow mixture.
- Press the mixture into a 9x13 inch baking dish and let the treats set.
- Slice and enjoy!
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
Step 1 | Prepare the Rice Krispie Treats
- First, push the colorful straws into the centers of each Rice Krispie Treat.
- Set aside while you melt the chocolate.
Step 2 | How to melt White Chocolate Chips
- The best way to melt white chocolate is to use a double boiler. By melting the chocolate over simmering water, you can control the temperature more easily and prevent the chocolate from burning.
- Be careful not to overcook the chocolate, or it will become burnt and unusable.
Step 3 | Decorate the Treats
- Once the chocolate chips are melted, you can begin dipping the Rice Krispie Treats. Only dip half of the treat in the melted chocolate.
- Immediately dip the treats into the colored sprinkles.
- Set them on a baking rack or a baking tray lined with parchment paper to completely dry.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
Make sure you melt the butter and marshmallows over low heat. If you rush the process, that will lead to hard cereal treats after they've cooled and set.
It's best to wait an hour for the treats to cool completely, but you could start to enjoy them after they have had 30 minutes to cool and set.
- Add food coloring to the melted chocolate. Or try using different colored melting chips such as blue melting chips or red melting chips.
- Check out my other holiday recipes for No Bake Rice Krispie Easter Nests and Reindeer Treats Recipe.
- Place the Patriotic Rice Krispie Treats in an air-tight container layered with waxed or parchment paper to keep them from sticking to each other.
- You could even wrap them individually in plastic candy/treat bags.
- Store the treats at room temperature; not in the refrigerator.
- I do not recommend freezing this recipe.
- 12 pack Rice Krispie Treats
- 12 ounce package White Chocolate Chips
- 3 ounce red, white and blue holiday sprinkles
- Open each Rice Krispie treat and stick a paper straw into the bottom.
- Melt the chocolate using a double boiler or follow the melting directions on the back of the package of the white chocolate chips.
- Dip the tops of each Rice Krispie treat into the melted chocolate.
- Immediately dip into the colored sprinkles.
- Place on a piece of waxed or parchment paper to dry completely.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 199Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 38mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.