This recipe for Pepperoni Monkey Bread is filled with pepperoni, garlic butter and plenty of mozzarella cheese. Enjoy this pull apart pizza bread made with refrigerated Pillsbury biscuits.
Serve the warm bread with some additional marinara sauce for dipping and watch your guests dive into the melty pull-apart goodness. Perfect for any occasion from tailgates to potluck dinners!
Check out all the other Refrigerated Biscuit Dough Recipes that make great additions to any meal you are creating.
This savory monkey bread recipe involves combining bite-sized pieces of refrigerated biscuit dough with my homemade garlic butter, savory pepperoni slices and gooey melted mozzarella cheese.
The biscuits are baked in a tube cake pan which helps create a fun pull-apart bread. It also makes them crispy on the outside and bursting with melted cheesy goodness inside, your family will be begging for more!
This recipe is very similar to my Air Fryer Pizza Monkey Bread only it's made in a traditional oven.
Table of Contents
- To ensure even cooking, make sure to cut the biscuits into similar-sized pieces. This will result in a more consistent texture throughout the monkey bread.
- To prevent sticking, make sure to generously grease the pan with non-stick cooking spray before adding the biscuit pieces.
- After arranging the biscuit pieces in the pan, give them some time to rise before baking. The refrigerated biscuits won't rise like my recipe for Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread, but they will warm up nicely before baking.
- Monkey bread is ready when it turns golden brown on the top and the biscuits are fully cooked.
🛒Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Granrosi Farmhouse Butter Dish - Beautiful Enamel ButterNordic Ware Prep & Serve Mixing Bowl Set,Cook with Color 12 PC Measuring Cups SetUnframed 8X10 Set of 6 Vintage Style ChalkNordic Ware Heavyweight Angel Food Cake Pan, 10Round Cake Carrier Cover with Dome - Cake
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
💡 Substitutions and Variations
- For added variation, feel free to replace the pepperoni with salami, Canadian bacon, Italian sausage, or bacon.
- You can also use different cheeses. Cheddar cheese would be great if you were using bacon or even a Monterey Jack cheese with salami!
- Feel free to add chopped green and red peppers to the monkey bread as well!
- Love a little heat? Try stirring ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes into the garlic butter mixture.
- Step 1: Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and spread each piece with the garlic butter.
- Step 2: Spray a cake pan or Bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Begin layering the buttered biscuits on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Step 3: Add a layer of pepperoni and then a layer of mozzarella cheese followed by another layer of buttered biscuits, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese finishing up with a layer of biscuits.
- Step 4: Sprinkle the top of the biscuits with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated 350 °F oven until golden brown.
- Let cool for around 10 minutes before enjoying!
- Serve the marinara sauce on the side to dip the monkey bread in.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
⏲Prep Ahead Tips
- Prepare the recipe according to directions up until the baking instructions.
- Cover the cake pan with greased plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator until you're ready to bake and enjoy.
- Bake as directed in the recipe card below.
- Allow any leftovers to fully cool before storing them in an air tight container or wrapped in foil at room temperature.
- Use leftovers within 5 days.
- Wrap the leftover monkey bread tightly in aluminum foil. This will help retain moisture and prevent the bread from drying out during reheating.
- Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes, or until the bread is heated through and the cheese is melted and gooey.
🌟Try these recipes next...
- Bacon Wrapped Jalapenos
- Homemade Queso Cheese Dip - no fake cheese!
- Mini Spinach and Bacon Quiche
- Homemade Guacamole
- Zucchini Pizza Bites - low calorie and low carb!
- 2 cans Pillsbury Grands Biscuits
- ½ cup Garlic Butter
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut each biscuit into 4 pieces and spread each piece with the garlic butter.
- Spray a cake pan or bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Begin layering the buttered biscuits on the bottom of the cake pan.
- Add a layer of pepperoni and then a layer of mozzarella cheese followed by another layer of buttered biscuits, pepperoni and mozzarella cheese finishing up with a layer of biscuits.
- Sprinkle the top of the biscuits with the grated Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 126Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 374mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 5g
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2017 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!