Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread starts out with frozen dinner rolls and my homemade garlic butter. It’s a new twist on monkey bread that your family is going to love!
Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread
I made this recipe a few weeks ago because I realized I had a bag of frozen biscuits in my freezer for months and knew I had to use them quick! I decided to use the garlic butter recipe that I shared with you recently and make a delicious garlic Parmesan monkey bread using the frozen biscuits.
Who doesn’t love monkey bread? Monkey bread is easy and delicious. You can make monkey bread sweet or you can make it savory. And let’s face it, it’s always fun to pull apart the bread!
Homemade Garlic Butter
This bread uses the Homemade Garlic Butter that I recently started making and giving as gifts to family and friends. My family really does love this butter and I make sure I have some in the refrigerator all the time.
It’s great on steamed vegetables and even a baked potato! I recently made garlic knots and yes, I used this butter for that recipe too!
Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread Ingredients
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 1 package frozen, 25 ounce size Parkerhouse Style Rolls – see note below.
- 1 cup softened butter
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
How to Defrost the Parkerhouse Rolls
- Remove the frozen rolls from the freezer.
- Separate them from the bag and lay them on a baking sheet that’s been lined with parchment paper.
- Wait about 30 minutes before you start to spread the garlic butter on them. If you try to spread the butter on them while they’re frozen, the butter won’t stick.
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread
Combine the softened butter together with the garlic powder, dried parsley and onion powder in a mixing bowl. Add the Parmesan cheese and combine well.
Using a butter knife, spread the garlic Parmesan butter on each individual roll covering each roll well. Coat a bundt pan with non-stick cooking spray. Begin layering the buttered rolls in the bundt pan.
How to Bake the Bread
Allow the rolls to rise and double in size before baking. This step can take anywhere from 60 minutes to 90 minutes depending on how warm your kitchen is.
Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until the bread is golden brown.
Tips for making Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread
- You can use any biscuits, but I like Parkerhouse Style Rolls. They’re available in the freezer section of your local grocery store.
- There are 24 rolls in the frozen package and I used all 24 to make this recipe.
- I’ve made this recipe using canned refrigerator rolls, but the taste is so much better if you use frozen dinner rolls.
- Grease the bundt pan, or cake pan, with non-stick cooking spray really well. You don’t want the bread sticking to the sides of the pan.
- Rising time really depends on how warm your kitchen temperature is. It can take anywhere from 60 to 90 minutes for the dough to double in size.
- Serve with extra garlic butter on the side because you can never have enough of this amazing spread.
Did you make this recipe?
Tag @Lois_walkingonsunshinerecipes on Instagram and hashtag it #walkingonsunshinerecipes
More Delicious Bread Recipes:
- Amish White Bread
- Garlic Parmesan Monkey Bread
- Homemade French Baquettes
- Pepperoni Mozzarella Monkey Bread
- Easy Semi-Homemade Bread Sticks
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
How to Defrost the Parkerhouse Rolls
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 158Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 253mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 3g
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
5 Secrets for Baking Delicious Desserts that Start with a Cake Mix!
Discover my secrets for making a delicious dessert that starts with an ordinary cake mix.