Recipes with Shredded Chicken are featured this week for our Weekly Meal Plan. I love how easy it is to get dinner on the table when we have it planned out ahead of time. Sometimes the easiest meals to put together require just a little planning.
Together with printable menus available for you to customize for your family’s dinner, you can use these recipes to inspire your meal planning this week.
How to make Shredded Chicken
There are a few ways you can make shredded chicken:
- Leftover chicken - use leftover chicken from another meal.
- Rotisserie chicken - stop on your way home from work and purchase a rotisserie chicken. You can even buy a few and freeze them.
- Make a whole roast chicken - then shred it up and use for the week's meal plan.
- Crock Pot Chicken Breasts - this is how I usually make shredded chicken. Making chicken in the crock pot is really easy and the chicken is very tender.
Meal Planning Categories
This is just an example of how I like to meal plan. You could also incorporate a “leftover meal” or even “clean out the refrigerator” night. This is something we do at least once a week or every 10 days.
Assign each day of the week a different category and then plan a meal according to that category.
- Monday - Meatless, Vegetarian or even Leftovers from the weekend.
- Tuesday - Taco Tuesday or Mexican Recipe
- Wednesday - Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Thursday - Pasta or Italian Night
- Friday - Sandwiches and Soup
- Saturday - Pizza or Eat Out, Order In
- Sunday - Comfort Food Meal
- Monday - Mini Tex Mex Chicken and Cheese Pies from Tablespoon
- Tuesday - Shredded Chicken Taco Salad from I Heart Naptime
- Wednesday - Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup from Macaroni and Cheese.
- Thursday - Monterey Chicken and Pasta
- Friday - Chicken Caesar Pitas from Together as Family.
- Saturday - White Pizza with Chicken and Fresh Herbs from Tara's Multicultural Table.
- Sunday - Skillet Chicken Pot Pie with Biscuits
Now, pick a side dish to serve with the recipes listed above. Side dishes should include potatoes or rice along with one or two veggies. A tossed salad with homemade ranch salad dressing is always nice too.
More Meal Planning Ideas
There are quite a few printables to help you get dinner on the table for your family. The Weekly Meal Plan Printable, Pantry List Essentials, even the Keto Friendly Food Lists are all available once you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll be able to download and print them out.
If you’re already a subscriber, check your email for this week’s newsletter. I included the password to enter the WOS Printable Library. Or just leave me a comment below and I’ll send the link directly to your email.
If you're looking for more detailed meal plans with grocery lists, you're going to love Eat at Home Menu Plans. The Eat at Home Menu Planning does all the work for you. For only a few dollars per week and you get four different menu plans for every week.