At the end of the day, the last thing I want to do is think about cooking dinner. Is that you too? I want to get dinner on the table fast, but I also want it to be healthy for my family. This week I'm featuring 30 minute meal plans as part of our Weekly Meal Plan. I hope you use these recipes to inspire your meal planning and get dinner on the table for your family without spending a ton of time in the kitchen.
Meal Planning Categories
This is just an example of how I like to meal plan. You could also incorporate a “leftover meal” or even “clean out the refrigerator” night. This is something we do at least once a week or every 10 days.
Assign each day of the week a different category and then plan a meal according to that category.
- Monday - Meatless, Vegetarian or even Leftovers from the weekend.
- Tuesday - Taco Tuesday or Mexican Recipe
- Wednesday - Chicken, Beef or Fish
- Thursday - Pasta or Italian Night
- Friday - Sandwiches and Soup
- Saturday - Pizza or Eat Out, Order In
- Sunday - Comfort Food Meal
All of the recipes featured this week are 30 minute meal plans. Which is perfect for busy days when you think you don't have enough time to cook dinner.
- Monday - Lentils and Rice - Italian Style! - from Christina's Cucina
- Tuesday - Three Bean Enchilada Casserole - from Fake Ginger
- Wednesday - Turkey and Cheese Crescents - from Mess for Less
- Thursday - 3 Ingredient Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe - from No Frills Kitchen
- Friday - Broccoli Cheese Soup - Panera Bread Copycat Recipe
- Saturday - Naan Pizza - from Healthy Family Project
- Sunday - Chicken with Gravy
Now, pick a side dish to serve with the recipes listed above. Side dishes should include potatoes or rice along with one or two veggies. A tossed salad with homemade ranch salad dressing is always nice too.
More Meal Planning Ideas
There are quite a few printables to help you get dinner on the table for your family. The Weekly Meal Plan Printable, Pantry List Essentials, even the Keto Friendly Food Lists are all available once you sign up for my weekly newsletter, you’ll be able to download and print them out.
Become a Member!
If you’re already a subscriber, check your email for this week’s newsletter. I included the password to enter the WOS Printable Library. Or just leave me a comment below and I’ll send the link directly to your email.
If you're looking for more detailed meal plans with grocery lists, you're going to love Eat at Home Menu Plans. The Eat at Home Menu Planning does all the work for you. For only a few dollars per week and you get four different menu plans for every week.