The best part of any party or get-together is the first course. I could make a meal out of finger food. And it's the same for summer parties and barbecues. So while we're waiting for the grill to heat up, let's enjoy these delicious 4th of July Appetizers. These July 4th Foods will put all of your guests in the mood for the burgers and hot dogs that are soon to follow!
Let me help you kick off your summer barbecue with these 4th of July appetizers. Some of these appetizers are perfect all year round, but you'll notice that a few of them are perfect for showing off your red, white and blue pride!
My favorite are the patriotic cheese boards. I love the idea of using star shaped cookie cutters for the fruit and cheese. The kids would have fun helping you do this!
Whether you're feeding a crowd or doing something small for a few family members, there is sure to be something on this list that everyone will enjoy.
Looking for more Fourth of July inspiration? Check out a few of my other patriotic themed recipes and ideas:
- 4th of July Healthy Food Ideas
- Traditional 4th of July Foods
- 4th of July Cupcakes
- July 4th Menu Ideas - a great collection of recipes to help you put together a menu everyone will love.
- Flag Fruit Sugar Cookie Pizza
- July 4th Side Dishes
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Here are a few items that will help you throw the best July 4th party this summer! The star shaped cookie cutters would be perfect for fruit and cheese trays.
What should I bring to a 4th of July party?
- Drinks - alcoholic and non-alcoholic are always something a party could use. Call ahead to see which types of drinks they need.
- Bags of ice - I really believe my ice maker knows when we're hosting a large group. It almost always stops making ice a few days before a party and my husband is always running out to purchase a few bags of ice.
- Dessert - every party can always use another tray of cookies or cupcakes for the kids.
- Flowers - surprise the hostess and bring a small bouquet of flowers. And make it even better by having them already arranged in a vase with water.
Plan the Perfect Patriotic Party
While the adults might like to relax and catch up with each other, any kids attending your patriotic party will probably want to play.
- Make sure you’ve chosen a location that is kid-friendly and even pet-friendly if guests are bring their fur-kids, too.
- Energetic games such as Frisbee, hula hoops, scavenger hunts, and games that don’t require a lot of gear are easier to manage.
- Choose activities that you know will keep the kids busy.
- I always keep a bucket of sidewalk chalk to keep kids active. Make sure an older teenager or even adult supervises so no one wanders off into the street.