Air Fryer Crispy Pickles - lightly seasoned, dipped in egg and flour then air fried making them not only tasty, but healthier than cooking in a traditional deep fryer. Cooking them with no oil means there's even fewer calories. They're a healthier option for a snack. Let me show you another easy-to-make Air Fryer Appetizer recipe that's the perfect party snack. Oh...there's a FREE Air Fryer Cooking Times printable available for you too!
When I first purchased our air fryer the only thing I was brave enough to cook in it was chicken nuggets. Then I discovered how amazing chicken tastes in the air fryer with my recipe BBQ Chicken Bites. Last week I published my recipe for Twice Baked Potatoes that came out so good!
What type of pickles to use?
Here are a few of our favorite types of pickles that would be perfect to use for this recipe:
- Pickle Rounds - the perfect bite-size for this recipe.
- Spears - these are great to use if you want more of a side dish to serve along with your main course.
- Bread and Butter Pickles - the perfect combination of sweet and sour.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
Affiliate Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
- Air fyer - this is the basket style one that I own and used for this recipe.
- Tongs - I love using these silicon tongs.
- Parchment Baking Sheets
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Pickles - I used pickle chips for this recipe.
- Flour - all-purpose flour.
- Cornstarch - this helps get them even crispier
- Egg - this will help the flour and cornstarch mixture adhere to the pickles.
- Creole seasoning - you could use your favorite seasoning if you prefer.
Step by Step Directions
Step 1: How to Prepare the Batter
In a bowl, mix the seasoning, flour and cornstarch. Coat each pickle in mixture. Then in another bowl, beat the egg and dredge each pickle in egg wash.
Cooking Tip: Place the pickles in a single layer in the air fryer.
Step 2: Air Fryer Cooking Instructions
Lightly spritz the pickles with oil and cook on 400°F for 5 minutes. Then pull the basket out and flip the pickles. Continue to cook for an additional two minutes.
Remove the pickles from the air fryer to a baking sheet that's been lined with parchment paper until all the pickles are done.
Easy Serving Tips
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
Ready for more great recipes?
- Air Fryer Wontons - you can stuff these with cream cheese or a veggie mix. Either way they're delicious!
- Mini Ravioli - I made these for New Year's Eve for my family and we couldn't get over the fact that they weren't fried!
- Air Fryer Pizza Monkey Bread - filled with cheese and pepperoni!
- 1 cup pickle chips
- ½ cup flour
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning or your favorite type of seasoning.
- In a bowl, mix the seasoning, flour and cornstarch.
- Coat each pickle in the mixture.
- Place the pickles in the air fryer basket. Do not overcrowd the air fryer.
- Lightly spritz them with oil.
- Cook on 400° for 5 minutes, flip and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the pickles from the air fryer and continue cooking the rest.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 1240mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 4g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.