Whether you're cooking for a crowd or cooking for two, you're going to love these July 4th Menu Ideas and 4th of July Foods I put together to help plan your Independence Day Celebration.
Let me show you how easy it is to throw an amazing party this summer when you have everything planned out ahead of time!
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2018 with new photos and information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!
Have you decided how you're celebrating? Are you hosting a party or going to a party at someone's house? It's always fun to choose from a list of Traditional 4th of July Foods when planning any summer barbecue or get together.
The more important question is, do you have your menu planned? I had some help in putting the following menu together from a few of my blogging friends. Any combination of these recipes will be perfect added to your menu.
Dessert for our July 4th Menu Ideas is going to be easy. Let's choose from a delicious 4th of July Cupcakes roundup. Make sure you check out the FREE Printable Cupcake Toppers and Wrappers to use.
Maybe you want to include a few diet-friendly recipes for your summer menus? Check out my 4th of July Healthy Food Ideas and recipes.
4th of July Appetizers are probably my favorite part of the meal. I love finger food, dips and chips. Here are a few more menu ideas:
- Homemade Queso Dip - this really is a delicious recipe and there's no fake cheese, so it's healthier too!
- Homemade Salsa - the first time I made this recipe I knew it would be difficult to open a jar of salsa again. And I hardly ever do. Make sure you use the fresh cilantro this recipe calls for...even if you think you don't like cilantro.
- Corn Fiesta Salad - this can be served as an appetizer with chips or as a side dish!
- Air Fryer Recipes - these are always delicious to make and will help keep the kitchen cool by not needing to turn on an oven.
Delicious Side Dishes
July 4th Side Dishes are meant to compliment the main course. But for your guests who don't eat meat, the side dishes may be their main course. Here's a great list of menu ideas:
- Deviled Eggs - it's not a summer celebration without a plate of delicious deviled eggs!
- The Best Coleslaw Ever from Life Tastes Good
- Boston Baked Beans - from Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Cucumber Salad - this recipe is so similar to what my Oma Behr used to make when I was a little girl.
- Pasta Salad from An Affair from the Heart
- Twice Baked Potatoes - an older recipe from the blog that is my son's favorite.
- Easy Mac and Cheese - if you're having kids at your party, you need to make this easy recipe.
Burgers, Ribs, Steak, Chicken and Hot Dogs
- Falling Off the Bone BBQ Ribs
- Cast Iron Steak with Easy Marinade
- 5 Delicious Burger Recipes
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Garlic Parmesan Mayo - this mayo is so delicious you're going to want to make extra!
- Chili Dog from Lemons for Lulu
Delicious Drinks Perfect for the Celebration
- Lemon Basil Mint Spritzer - try to use fresh basil from the garden or farmer's market.
- Patriotic Ice Cubes from Culinary Ginger - how cute are these red, white and blue ice cubes???
- Here's a great collection of non-alcoholic drinks perfect for kids.
- Mint Orange Lemonade
- My husband's favorite Strawberry Lemonade Punch.