Welcome back to our 12 Days of Christmas Celebration! Today we're celebrating The Best Christmas Cookies to help get us all ready for the holiday season in a few short weeks.
If you're here as part of my 12 Days of Christmas Celebration...WELCOME! I'm so excited to be sharing with you a great list of the Best Christmas Cookies I know your family is going to love this holiday season.
Take some time and visit each recipe being featured! My favorite was the Easy Icebox Shortbread Cookies from Hello Creative Family. I love shortbread cookies and I love the idea of making these ahead and baking off right before you need them.
Tips for Baking Christmas Cookies
- Make sure the ingredients you're using are fresh. If you don't bake often, you might want to purchase a new box of baking soda or baking powder before you start a new recipe.
- Don't over-mix the dough.
- If a recipe calls for chilling the dough, chill the dough. Really, don't try to roll out dough or form it into balls unless it's been chilled for at least an hour.
- Watch the cookies as they bake. Baking time for most recipes is a "guideline" but you know your oven better than the recipe author. Watch them closely as they bake so you don't overcook them. Cookies are done when the edges are set and lightly browned.
- Remember, cookie centers will continue to cook for a few minutes while they're out of the oven and cooling.
- Let the cookies cool completely before storing in air tight containers.
Christmas Baking Memories
What are your favorite memories of Christmas baking? Growing up my mom went all out baking cookies.
My sister and I would help her get the cookies ready to display on a beautiful crystal dish she used every year. She would have it all ready for when guests would drop by during the holiday season.
And we always had guests ringing our doorbell, stopping by for a cup of eggnog and to drop off a gift or two. What fun times!