You only need 5 ingredients to make this Chicken Cutlet Mayonnaise Recipe for dinner tonight! We all love mayonnaise for sandwiches, but what about spread on top of thin sliced chicken cutlets? Let me show you how to make another one of our Chicken Cutlet Recipes that's ready in under 30 minutes!
Who knew spreading mayonnaise on top of chicken cutlets could result in the chicken turning out so tender and juicy? Chicken Cutlet Mayonnaise Recipe is full of flavor and ready in minutes!
Instead of adding traditional breadcrumbs like I use for my Breaded Italian Style Chicken Cutlets, I decided to use crushed Ritz Crackers mixed with Italian herb seasoning. The result was a crispy crust on top of perfectly cooked thin chicken cutlets.
What Pairs Well with Chicken Cutlets?
A side salad would be great with this recipe. If it's summer time and you have access to fresh tomatoes, I would definitely serve my Fresh Tomato Salad.
Make sure you look through all my favorites on what to serve with this easy recipe here in my Side Dishes for Chicken Cutlets.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
- Meat Mallet - before I broke down and purchased one I used the back of a heavy measuring cup. A meat mallet works so much better.
- Parchment Baking Sheets - I love using these sheets for not only baking but to help me prep chicken. Keeps my cutting boards clean from germs.
- Digital Meat Thermometer - use this to make sure the chicken is fully cooked.
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Chicken Cutlets - try to make sure the chicken cutlets are very similar in size so the chicken cooks evenly.
- Mayonnaise - you could substitute non-fat Greek yogurt.
- Ritz Crackers - the secret behind this recipe is using buttery Ritz crackers and not bread crumbs.
- Parmesan Cheese - freshly grated is always best.
- Italian Seasoning - I am not a huge fan of Italian seasoning! But it works in this recipe.
Cooking Tip: Miracle Whip Salad Dressing is not the same as mayonnaise. There are extra sweeteners and spices added to Miracle Whip that will change the taste of this recipe.
Step 1: How to Make Thin Chicken Cutlets
The first step in making this recipe is to make the chicken cutlets thin. Place the boneless, skinless chicken breasts on a cutting board that's been lined with parchment paper.
Using a sharp knife, slice the chicken breast down the side lengthwise cutting all the way through until you have thin chicken cutlets.
You can see I started with two chicken breasts and now I have four thin chicken cutlets.
Cover the chicken with a piece of waxed paper and using the back of a mallet, pound them to about ¼ inch thin. Pounding the chicken cutlets thin does not "tenderize" the meat. It just helps ensure that the chicken cutlets are all the same thickness so they cook evenly.
Step 2: Make the Mayonnaise Spread
Combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
Step 3: Spread the Mayonnaise
Place the chicken cutlets in a baking dish that's been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on top of each chicken cutlet.
Step 4: Add the Ritz Cracker Crumbs
Place the Ritz crackers in a plastic ziplock bag and using a rolling pin, crush the crackers. Sprinkle the crushed crackers on top of each chicken cutlet
Step 5: Baking Instructions
Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil. Bake in a preheated 385 degree oven for 15 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking uncovered for another 5 to 8 minutes.
Step 6: How to Know if Chicken is Cooked
After 20 minutes of cooking, check the internal temperature of the chicken using a meat thermometer. Chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
Cooking Tip: Always check to make sure chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Don't guess...use a digital meat thermometer.
FREQUENTLY ASKED RECIPE QUESTIONS
Chicken breast is the whole chicken breast with either the bones or without the bones. A cutlet is a thin slice of the breast like we used for this recipe.
Chicken tenders are twice as small as chicken breasts. They are also narrow and slim.
One sleeve of crushed Ritz crackers should yield about 1 ½ cups of crumbs.
Ready for more great Chicken Cutlet recipes? Try these other
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches
- Chicken Cutlets Italian Style
- Crock Pot Salsa Chicken
- Chicken Marsala
- Chicken Cutlets in Cast Iron Skillet
Tried this recipe? Let me know in the comments and don't forget to rate it!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese; freshly grated
- ½ cup crushed Ritz Crackers
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning mix
- Slice both chicken breasts down the side lengthwise cutting all the way through until until you have 4 thin chicken cutlets.
- Cover the chicken with a piece of waxed paper and using the back of a mallet, pound them to about ¼ inch thin.
- Combine the mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and Italian seasoning in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken cutlets in a baking dish that’s been sprayed with non-stick baking spray. Spread the mayonnaise mixture on top of each chicken cutlet.
- Place the Ritz crackers in a plastic ziplock bag and using a rolling pin, crush the crackers.
- Sprinkle the crushed crackers on top of each chicken cutlet.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated 385 degree oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the foil and continue baking uncovered for another 5 to 8 minutes.
- Chicken is fully cooked when it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
For this recipe you'll need about ½ sleeve of Ritz crackers to equal ½ cup of crushed crackers.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 359Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 20gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 411mgCarbohydrates: 7gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 21g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.