Chocolate Eclair Pudding Pie with layers of graham crackers and pudding mix topped with homemade chocolate ganache. Let me show you how to make this easy eclair pudding dessert your whole family is going to beg for more!
I’m finally getting around to sharing with you this recipe for Chocolate Eclair Pudding Pie. It’s filled with a delicious vanilla pudding, frozen whipped topping combination layered between graham crackers. And then topped with melted chocolate ganache.
It is not topped with canned chocolate frosting as you see so many other recipes online.
I like to make a homemade chocolate ganache recipe very similar to the ganache recipe used in my Chocolate Brownie Cake, that if you haven’t tried yet, you need to print out that recipe along with this one!
This homemade chocolate ganache is spread over the top layer of graham crackers in place of chocolate frosting because let’s face it, canned frosting does taste like canned frosting, right?
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
- Batter Bowl
- Stainless Steel Whisk
- Rubber Spatula – helps to get every last bit of pudding out of the bowl!
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
- Jello Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- Cold milk; divided
- Cool Whip, thawed
- Graham crackers
- Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate Squares
- Powdered sugar
This is a really easy no-bake dessert recipe. But you’ll need to plan ahead so you can chill it long enough for everything to come together properly. Plan around 4 hours of chilling time before serving.
Combine the pudding mix with 1 3/4 cups milk using a wire whisk. Then add the Cool Whip and blend together well.
Begin layering the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9X13 baking pan; breaking the crackers as necessary to fit. Spread half of the pudding/Cool Whip mixture on top of the first layer of graham crackers.
Add another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture, followed by the rest of the pudding mixture. Top with one final layer of graham crackers.
Homemade Chocolate Ganache
Melt the chocolate squares and the 1/4 cup of butter in the microwave. Start at 30 second intervals; stirring after each time until the chocolate is completely melted.
Then stir in the 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup milk. Make sure the chocolate mixture is smooth before spreading it on top of your pudding pie.
Spread the chocolate mixture over the top of the pudding pie and refrigerate for up to four hours.
This was an EASY and delicious dessert. Thankfully I made it for our monthly women’s meeting at church or I think I would have eaten it all.
Like this recipe? Try these other these Easy Dessert Recipes:
- No Bake Pudding Desserts
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
- Four Different Cake Mix Cookie Recipes
- 1 3.4 ounces package Jello Vanilla Flavor Instant Pudding
- 2 cups cold milk; divided
- 1 8 ounces Cool Whip, thawed
- 22 graham crackers
- 4 ounces Baker’s Unsweetened Chocolate Squares
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
How to Make the Pudding Layers
- Combine the pudding mix with 1 3/4 cups milk.
- Add the Cool Whip and blend together well.
- Begin layering the graham crackers in the bottom of a 9 X 13 pan; breaking the crackers as necessary to fit.
- Spread half of the pudding/Cool Whip mixture on top of the first layer of graham crackers.
- Add another layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding mixture, followed by the rest of the pudding mixture.
- Top with one final layer of graham crackers.
How to Make the Homemade Chocolate Ganache
- Melt the chocolate squares and the 1/4 cup of butter in the microwave. Starting at 30 second intervals; stirring after each time until the chocolate is completely melted.
- Stir in the 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar and the remaining 1/4 cup milk.
- Make sure the chocolate mixture is smooth before spreading it on top of your pudding pie.
- Refrigerate for up to 4 hours or longer.
Make sure you refrigerate the recipe so it sets completely before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 228mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 5g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.
This recipe has been updated since it first appeared in 2014 with new photos and a new printable recipe card that includes nutritional information. I hope you enjoy the updates as much as I enjoyed working on them!