Chocolate Sugar Crinkle Cookies are so incredibly easy to make. They’ll become your favorite go-to cookie for bake sales and school events. This is an updated recipe from when it first appeared on my site in 2014.
Chocolate Sugar Crinkle Cookies from a Cake Mix
I had yet another bake sale last week and went searching to bake something new and I came up with this yummy recipe for Chocolate Sugar Crinkle Cookies. I know there will come a day when I no longer have to bake for any school or football functions, so for now I’m just enjoying baking!
But it’s fun to bake for when Michael comes home from college on break and when Olivia comes home for a visit with her husband, Tyler. Cherish the time you have with your kids. They really do grow so fast.
How to Make Cookies using a Cake Mix
This recipe is so easy and fast, well except you need to allow the dough to chill. But other than that, you’ll have cookies on the table quick!
I love using cake mixes as a base for recipes. Easy, quick and delicious. I guess you would say that’s my motto when it comes to all cooking.
Make sure you print out the recipe below and save it for later!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Extra sugar for rolling; about 1/3 cup
- In a mixing bowl combine all the ingredients together and mix until a dough forms.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls.
- Roll the balls in the sugar.
- Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a cooling rack to cool.
Tips for Baking Chocolate Sugar Crinkle Cookies
- Make sure you chill the dough before even attempting roll them into balls. Otherwise the dough is too sticky and you’ll have a huge mess on your hands.
- After the dough has been rolled into balls, roll the dough balls into the sugar.
- Place the cookies on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 9 to 11 minutes.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. Your cost is the same, but I earn a commission when you shop through them. For more information, click here.
- Cookie Scoops
- Baking Pans
- Cooling Racks
- Parchment Paper Sheets – I love how easy these are to use! Does anyone else have a hard time getting parchment paper out of a roll?
YOU MIGHT ALSO ENJOY THESE EASY COOKIE RECIPES:
Please note that "prep time" includes 30 minutes of chilling time for the dough. As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 54 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 0g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 16mg Sodium: 15mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 5g Protein: 1g
Please note that "prep time" includes 30 minutes of chilling time for the dough.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.