Grab a box of cake mix and let me show you how to make another easy cookie recipe with these delicious Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies.
These cookies only need four ingredients and are ready in 20 minutes. Perfect for Valentine's Day, July 4th celebrations or any other time of year.
This Red Velvet Cake Mix Cookies are another one of my cake mix recipe hacks. I love using a box of cake mix as an ingredient and turning it into something completely different than the recipe on the back of the box.
Make sure you check out my Cake Mix Baking Secrets and Printable that gives you tips on how to bake with a box of cake mix.
These cookies are a great easy dessert recipe that are ready in 20 mintues! You can add any type of chocolate chip, but I love the white milk chocolate chips mixed in with the red velvet cake mix.
Table of Contents
Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies with Cake Mix
Another fun recipe to make using a box of red velvet cake mix is to make red velvet sandwich cookies. You could use either homemade cream cheese frosting or a canned frosting, but either way this is one easy dessert that's a favorite around Valentine's Day.
📌Did You Know? You can bake cookies with any flavor of cake mix. The ratio is 1 boxed cake mix + ½ cup vegetable oil + 2 eggs.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
This is an overview of the ingredients and instructions. Be sure to see the recipe card below for exact quantities, detailed instructions and special notes.
1️⃣Combine the Ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix with the eggs. Mix until fully combined.
- Then add in the vegetable oil.
- Finally add the white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop place the cookies on a parchment lined baking sheet. Make sure you leave room between the cookies as these will spread.
📌Baking Tip: If the batter is too soft, chill the dough for about 30 minutes before placing on baking trays.
2️⃣ Chill the Cookies
- Place the baking trays in the refrigerator for about 15 - 20 minutes before baking. This will help the cookies not spread as much.
3️⃣ Baking Instructions
- Bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 10 to 12 minutes. My cookies were done at 12 minutes.
Baking Tip: How to Cool Cookies
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking pan for a minute or two, and then transfer them to a cooling rack.
- Placing cookies on a cooling rack allows air to travel around the cookie which helps take away the heat.
- If you leave the cookies on the hot baking tray, they continue to cook even though you've removed the trays from the oven.
⭐Before You Begin! If you make this recipe, please leave a review and star rating. This helps my business thrive and continue providing FREE recipes.
Tips for Storing Cake Mix Cookies
- Once baked, store the cake mix cookies in air-tight containers for up to two weeks.
- To freeze the cookies, simply place them in a single layer on a baking sheet and “flash freeze” them until they are solid, around 30 to 60 minutes.
- Then place the cookies in an air-tight container with parchment or waxed paper in between each layer to keep the cookies from sticking to each other.
- You can freeze the cookies this way for up to 3 months.
- Add sprinkles - replace the white chocolate chips with rainbow colored sprinkles.
- Milk Chocolate Chips - use your favorite chocolate chip or even a combination of chips in the cookies.
- See another favorite cake box cookie recipe with my White Cake Mix Christmas Cookies recipe. You can easily change the sprinkles to any other season or occasion you're celebrating.
Top Recipe Tips
- Do not over-mix the batter.
- If the batter is too soft, chill the dough for about 30 minutes before placing on baking trays.
- Use silicon baking mats or parchment baking sheets on the baking trays to keep the cookies from sticking.
- Do not over-bake the cookies!
Simply click the plus sign to read more about the questions you see below. If YOU have a question regarding this recipe, please let me know in the comment section.
You added too many eggs. When making cookies using a cake mix, do not follow the directions on the back of the box. Follow the directions listed below in the recipe card.
Stir in any of the following for a yummy cookie: chocolate chips, crushed peppermint candy canes, chopped walnuts or pecans. You could even form the cookies into balls and then roll the balls in sugar.
- 1 box Red Velvet Cake Mix; 15.25 ounce size
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the cake mix, oil and eggs.
- Using an electric mixer, combine ingredients until smooth.
- Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop, place the cookies on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Leave space between eacch cookie as they will spread as they bake.
- Place the baking trays in the refrigerator for 15 - 20 minutes to chill the dough.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 - 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow the cookies to cool for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
If you find the dough is too soft to scoop, place the bowl in the refrigerator to chill for 30 minutes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 143Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 35mgSodium: 71mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.