Let me help you plan the perfect weekend breakfast with one of these Cinnamon Roll Breakfast Ideas. These delicious recipes offer something indulgent for those who enjoy a little something sweet with their coffee.
Some may think cinnamon rolls are too sweet to be considered breakfast food, but I say they're the perfect addition to any brunch menu; especially if it's a holiday!
Check out the full collection of Best Cinnamon Roll Recipes!
Let's take breakfast up a few notches this weekend with any one of these delicious recipes. They're indulgent enough to be served alone, but also make a great accompaniment to eggs, pancakes or even a breakfast casserole with hashbrowns.
Table of Contents
What to Make with Cinnamon Rolls for Breakfast
Here are a few of the breakfast ideas you'll find on the blog that would be delicious for any breakfast or brunch gathering. French Toast Cinnamon Rolls are so much fun and ready fast. Kids will love this recipe!
Mini Pecan Cinnamon Rolls start out with frozen bread dough. Making them mini makes them perfect for brunch when serving a crowd.
How easy would it be to make Cinnamon Rolls in your air fryer? They'd come out delicious and fast!
Breakfast Recipes with Cinnamon Rolls
Cinnamon rolls are an easy way to elevate any breakfast celebration. However, making them from scratch can be pretty time consuming. Luckily, there are a few Easy Cinnamon Roll Ideas you can check out on the blog.
Make sure you check out my recipe for Cinnamon Monkey Bread for a twist on cinnamon rolls that's delicious for breakfast.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Tips for Preparing Cinnamon Rolls
If you are preparing homemade cinnamon rolls, check out a few of these baking tips:
- Don't kill the yeast. Using an instant read thermometer is the easiest way to make sure the water or milk isn't too hot to kill the yeast.
- Use room temperature ingredients. It's okay to allow the eggs and butter to sit on the counter until they're no longer cold before adding them to the recipe.
- Spread softened butter on the bread dough, not melted. Make sure the butter and cinnamon cover the dough completely before rolling up.
- Allow the cinnamon rolls to cool slight before adding any frosting or icing. Adding toppings to hot cinnamon rolls will only cause the frosting to melt.
- Store any leftovers in airtight containers in the refrigerator.
- Most cinnamon rolls should remain fresh for up to 5 days.
- Reheat any leftovers in the microwave.
- I would not freeze cupcakes that are decorated or frosted.
- Allow cupcakes to cool completely before placing them on a baking tray and then in the freezer to flash freeze for 30 minutes. Remove from the freezer and store in an airtight container or freezer safe plastic bag for up to 3 months.
- Remove the cupcakes from the freezer the night before you need them. Then decorate or frost them once fully defrosted.
Since cinnamon rolls are sweet, serve them with scrambled eggs, a savory breakfast casserole and fresh fruit.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!