Dump cakes are the perfect "lazy dessert." All you need for this recipe is a cake mix, butter, eggs, milk and a childhood favorite cereal. This cinnamon toast crunch dump cake is one of my new favorite desserts; it's sweet, crispy, and delicous.
Dump cakes are one of our easy desserts that are also the most popular on the blog...because they're easy to make and delicous. Oh, and they also feed a crowd.
Do you love Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal as much as my kids do? Then you're going to love this amazing dump cake recipe that uses a this fun kid-loving cereal as the crunchy topping. It's so easy to make - just dump everything in a bowl and bake!
Table of Contents
What is a Dump Cake?
A dump cake is an easy dessert recipe that only requires a few ingredients. The name comes from the fact that you simply dump all of the ingredients into a baking dish and then bake it.
The most popular version of a dump cake here on this blog is my Apple Dump Cake Recipe. Another delicious version is my Peach Dump Cake. You could also make one using chocolate cake mix and raspberry pie filling, or blueberry pie filling and white cake mix.
Dump cakes are also incredibly easy to make ahead of time. Simply prepare the batter according to the recipe, and then store it in the fridge until you're ready to bake. When you're ready to enjoy your dessert, all you need to do is pop it in the oven and enjoy!
What is the difference between Cobbler and Dump Cake?
While cobbler and dump cake may appear to be similar desserts, there are actually a few key differences between the two.
Cobbler typically has a fruit filling that is topped with a biscuit or pie crust, while dump cake gets its name from the fact that it is simply "dumped" into a baking dish. As a result, cobbler tends to have a more refined appearance, while dump cake is more rustic.
When it comes to preparation, cobbler can also be more time-consuming, as the dough for the crust needs to be rolled out and cut into shape. In contrast, dump cake only requires that the ingredients be mixed together and poured into the pan.
Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake TikTok
Move over, pumpkin spice – there’s a new flavor in town! Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cake is taking the internet by storm, and for good reason.
This easy dessert recipe is made with just a few ingredients and the results are simply amazing. The rich and creamy cinnamon frosting pairs perfectly with the moist and fluffy cake, and the addition of crunchy Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal gives the perfect finishing touch.
Helpful Kitchen Tools
This post contains affiliate links. That means that if you make a purchase after clicking on a link I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information, click here.
Main Ingredients Needed
Exact measurements are listed below in the recipe card. Make sure you scroll down to print and save the recipe for later!
Step 1 | Combine the Ingredients
- Combine the cake mix, oil, water, eggs and ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- Pour into a prepared 9X13 baking dish and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for 30 - 35 minutes.
Step 2 | Prepare the Filling
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk with the remaining teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Stir to combine.
Step 3 | Make the Poke Cake
- Using the back of a wooden spoon or a large straw, poke holes in the surface of the cake.
- Pour the filling on top of the cake and spread it around so it gets into all the holes you created.
Step 4 | Prepare the Topping
- Spread the whipped topping on top of the cake.
- Top with the crushed cereal.
Tried any of my recipes? Let me know in the comments!
- You can use regular white cake mix as well.
- You can prepare this cake ahead of time. Leave off the whipped topping and crushed cereal crumble until ready to serve.
- Check out my other cake mix recipe hacks for more delicious desserts.
- Leftover cinnamon toast crunch dump cake can be stored in the fridge for up to a week. To store the cake, wrap it tightly in plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
- The cake can also be frozen for up to three months.
- When you are ready to eat the cake, thaw it in the fridge overnight and then reheat it in the oven or microwave.
📖 Recipe Card
- 1 box white or vanilla cake mix; 15.25 ounce size
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon; divided
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk; 14 ounce size
- 1 tub defrosted whipped topping; 8 ounce size
- 2 cups Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal; slightly crushed.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9X13 baking dish with non-stick baking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cake mix, oil, water, eggs and ½ teaspoon of the cinnamon.
- When the cake batter is combined, pour into the baking dish and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Set cake aside to cool.
- When the cake is cool, use a large straw or end of a wodden spoon to poke holes in the surface of the cake.
- Prepare the filling by combining the sweetened condensed milk with the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Stir to combine.
- Pour the milk mixture all over the cake so it gets into all the holes you created.
- Next spread the whipped topping all over the cake.
- Top with the crushed Cinnamon Toast Crunch Cereal.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Serve and enjoy.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 438Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 381mgCarbohydrates: 64gFiber: 1gSugar: 46gProtein: 7g
The nutrition information is calculated automatically. I cannot guarantee its accuracy. If this data is important to you, please verify with your trusted nutrition calculator.